Let's Hear It For The Boy - Memory Moog

Started by CVS, October 18, 2016, 02:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CVS

I have to play what I think is either a Synth or a bass for the song Let's Hear It For The Boy by Denise Williams. I went on line and the instrument that plays the part that I want to play is called a Memory Moog.
I have looked through all the different instrument tones for Synth Lead and Synth Bass on the GR 55 and I cannot find "Memory Moog" listed as a tone. Short of trying over 100 different tones to see which comes closest, can someone point me to a tone that is close to a "Memory Moog" tone.

Thanks for any help you can provide

bryanz

Looking at an excel file I got from somewhere, probably here, that lists all the voices, looks like you should start with Rhythm 1-1, or Rhythm 21-3--both use the PCM tone MG Bass 2, which I think is going after a Moog sound.

GraemeJ

The Memorymoog is/was an instrument - the name, by itself, is not going to give you any clue as to the actual sound that was generated.

The range of voicing on all Moog instruments was vast.  Determining the original setup is almost impossible and if you want to emulate the original sound I suspect that you are only going to get close if you use a Moog instrument - the sound is quite distinctive.

CVS

I decided to go with the MG-2 which sounds OK. I was thinking that MG was possibly an acronym for MOOG. Thank you both for your comments.