GR-55 - All patches in bank files part 1

Started by Guitarbot, April 19, 2012, 03:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarbot

Hi,
I may be missing something, but this makes auditioning the posted patches alot quicker for me.  I thought it might help others, so I'm posting these.  I went into each of the guitar mode patch files and took the time to combine all of the patches into 1 bank file (grouped by type).  I prefer this because it saves me alot of time when I am auditioning the patches.  I don't have to take the time over & over of opening each file individually.  I didn't see where this had been done or posted before.  Sorry if I missed any.  You can just load the bank file into the Librarian, then click the preview button next to each patch:

With these files, it could be easy for me/you/or the moderator to add future files to it so that it will always be up to date with the posted patches.

Elantric

Great job!

tekrytor

Thank you, Guitarbot!
Great idea and nice work!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

A2theT

@guitarbot - thanks for your organization but I think I may be missing something how does it make it easier for patch auditioning?  I don't see much difference over the original .g5l that is posted on the Roland website.

In this left is the original bank and in the right is yours. 
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Guitarbot

Rock
These are the folders in the vguitar GR-55 Guitar Mode Patches area: Metal, Clean, Jazz, Blues,  Surf,  Acoustic, Bass, Synth+ Classic Keyboards,  Alternate Tunings, Effects, Other, Normal Guitar (non GK hex).
Evidently, I put Eric Johnson as a folder also. 
If I didn't put the Eric Johnson patches in the correct bank then you would need to go ahead & do it, but if you look at the files that I posted for the other banks, they should be different than the individual files.  Like I said in my original post: "With these files, it could be easy for me/you/or the moderator to add future files to it so that it will always be up to date with the posted patches. "
The only reason that mine looks different is that my Eric Johnson bank is alphabetical.  I would move all of those patches into the ARTISTS folder.  Whatever works for you.
Sorry that I missed one (probably more). I kept the Gary Willis & a few others in their own banks because they had so many patches in them.

My point is that instead of auditioning 200 or so patches by opening individual files, you now have about 10 banks of all of the patches.  Personally, I think that the alphabatised one would make the most sense & not have duplicates.  I am working on that one.
Thanks,