The New Monster Chiller Setup?

Started by Rhcole, July 18, 2014, 03:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

Since this involves a couple of products we cover here, I thought I would post in the general area.

Over in GP-10 land, most of us are agreeing that the new box is a knockout of sonic improvement over its predecessors, the GR-55 and VG-99. Some love it so much that they have already bought two and are hooking them together. Our friend Bill Ruppert has two GP-10s hooked up to his VG-99. Yow.

Me, I installed my Fishman Triple Play on my Carvin guitar to handle the synths more out of protest originally when I couldn't get the Osc synth to track right on the GP-10.  I have since made it work better, but left the FTP on because... well... I tried it in combination with the GP-10...
Good Lord. They are an UNBELIEVABLE combination.
Imagine a GR-55 with much better sounding COSM guitars and much better tracking synths via the FTP that can run almost any synth you want, AND it also includes the Osc synth in the GP-10.
I've never played anything like it before. It's my version of a Monster Chiller setup. Count Floyd (if you're old enough to remember him) would say "Ooooh, kids, that's REALLY SCAREY!"

What's your Monster Chiller setup?

Elantric

Godin xtSA with RMC 13 pin out and Fishman Tripleplay

Fishman Tripleplay USB Receiver feeds either a 2012 Macbook Retina with 768SSD or a 2012 MacMini Server with 16GB RAM 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD,  still running OSX 10.8, but loaded with latest Logic-X, MainStage, Ableton Live 9, N.I. Komplete 9, Protools 9, Reaper. For smaller gigs, I can also use iConnectMIDI4+ for fishman to iPad and use an IK iRig Pro (+ small Powered USB Hub) to route audio from two iPads into the GP-10's Aux Input with a Belkin Rockostar 5 way stereo passive mixer  (when needed or for a smaller gig) , for larger gigs I use Soundflower and OSX Audio MIDI Core Audio to create an aggregate audio device from all the separate audio I/O (16 channels of audio I/O from the two GP-10's alone - being used with a modified US-20 with a few old favorite stomp boxes (Xotic SL Compressor, Boss VB-2 Vibrato, Joyo JF-09 Tremolo,Joyo JF-12 Octavia, EHX Glove, Zoom MS-100Bt) 

And my Dual Boss GP-10's running on Battery power feed one of the Macs, and I use Splashtop remote desktop for wireless iPad control of the whole shebang. 

I use a Stereo Radial Di Box, and GP-10's are pop free for live streaming of Ableton Live or Logic / Mainstage backing tracks or Guitar MIDI softsynth or live guitar strings being converted by the GP-10 into 6 audio channels to drive N.I Reaktor Synths (No MIDI Required!) . And I using Logidy  UM-3 and FullCircle Looper

http://www.logidy.com/?pid=1

And bulk of the core rig can travel the globe run on batteries and fit inside carry on luggage ( a major goal for me)
And folks think I can only play surf music  - ha!

Rhcole

Elantric,

No question, that is indeed a MONSTER CHILLER setup.
But... where ya' gonna play that? You're not going to use that to play surf music, are you??

Elantric

I wear many hats,and currently play in three bands  - with a new one just now being formed for world domination ;)

But like the old  1966 song - this is my "Elusive Butterfly" :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elusive_Butterfly

Don't be concerned

It will not harm you

Its only me pursuing something I'm not sure of

IanRamos

Quote from: Elantric on July 18, 2014, 04:16:22 PM
Godin xtSA with RMC 13 pin out and Fishman Tripleplay

Fishman Tripleplay USB Receiver feeds either a 2012 Macbook Retina with 768SSD or a 2012 MacMini Server with 16GB RAM 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD,  still running OSX 10.8, but loaded with latest Logic-X, MainStage, Ableton Live 9, N.I. Komplete 9, Protools 9, Reaper. For smaller gigs, I can also use iConnectMIDI4+ for fishman to iPad and use an IK iRig Pro (+ small Powered USB Hub) to route audio from two iPads into the GP-10's Aux Input with a Belkin Rockostar 5 way stereo passive mixer  (when needed or for a smaller gig) , for larger gigs I use Soundflower and OSX Audio MIDI Core Audio to create an aggregate audio device from all the separate audio I/O (16 channels of audio I/O from the two GP-10's alone - being used with a modified US-20 with a few old favorite stomp boxes (Xotic SL Compressor, Boss VB-2 Vibrato, Joyo JF-09 Tremolo,Joyo JF-12 Octavia, EHX Glove, Zoom MS-100Bt) 

And my Dual Boss GP-10's running on Battery power feed one of the Macs, and I use Splashtop remote desktop for wireless iPad control of the whole shebang. 

I use a Stereo Radial Di Box, and GP-10's are pop free for live streaming of Ableton Live or Logic / Mainstage backing tracks or Guitar MIDI softsynth or live guitar strings being converted by the GP-10 into 6 audio channels to drive N.I Reaktor Synths (No MIDI Required!) . And I using Logidy  UM-3 and FullCircle Looper

http://www.logidy.com/?pid=1

And bulk of the core rig can travel the globe run on batteries and fit inside carry on luggage ( a major goal for me)
And folks think I can only play surf music  - ha!

WOW that is a killer set up !
I might actually copy most of that set up for my own gigs !
The only thing i don't dig about that rig is to be hooked up to a gk cable ... but boy , the possibilities are amazing ...

Memanny

I just purchased the unit n downloaded the associated softwares , but no patches show up in my firmans window. My strings r all showing strong signals.  I thought the patches would automatically show up??   Any help would be appreciated, thks.   I'm new to the forum.