Help with VG-99 and SonicCell

Started by alfstone, February 27, 2010, 01:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfstone

Hi everybody
Surely a very newbie question for most of you, but anyway...

Suppose I'm trying to play MIDI guitar: a Godin ACS SA through a VG-99. The VG-99 (in OMNI mode...is it right?) is connected directly (from the VG-99 MIDI out) to the MIDI in of the SC, channels 1-6, but I've tried also different channels, for instance 11-16, the problem for me is the same.

My problem: if I play the guitar, is there a way, through the SonicCell Editor, to have ALL the six strings to play the same patch? And, always through the SC editor, which is the way to change the patch and having its sound (the SAME sound, the same patch...) for channels 1-6 (in other words the 6 strings) at the same time?
This because most of times I have different sounds for each one of the 6 strings...the only way is to change manually the patch for each channel on the SC Editor, but I can't believe there is no other *authomatic* way...

I have tried both Performance and Patch mode, and I think that the performance mode is better, but again...is it right?

If it's not possible via the SonicCell editor, is there a way to test and play the hundreds of sounds - great sounds! - of the SC, I repeat the SAME patch for ALL 6 strings, through some setting of the VG-99 or the SC System options?

Thank you

--------------------
Alfredo

sixeight

QuoteIf it's not possible via the SonicCell editor, is there a way to test and play the hundreds of sounds - great sounds! - of the SC, I repeat the SAME patch for ALL 6 strings, through some setting of the VG-99 or the SC System options?

Yes you can:

Press guitar to midi - PATCH and set the MODE to POLY.