VG88 as stomp box for triggering Fx?

Started by Tonato, May 24, 2015, 05:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonato

Hi Guys, I m sorry if this question has already been answered but after reading the manual and looking at the forum did not seem to find it.

Question is: Can I use the VG88 pedals as stomboxes? I mean, can I approach pedals 1-4 as CTL pedals as well, so I can enable or disable certain FX in a patch? That would give me much flexibility for live performance, so I could program each patch with different on/off Fx in each pedal.

I think the VG8 can do this, and I would be very surprised if they did not add this in the VG88.

If the answer is no, what alternatives do I have? I don't want to go to a gig in a small stage with the VG88 and a big midi controller, as the singer might not have room to move with al my gear!! ha...

Any thoughts? THANKS!!!! :)

Elantric

You have 8 Control Assignments and when the VG-88 is in Stompbox mode you can assign the pedals to send MIDI CC# commands to control third party gear

Tonato

Thanks Elantric,

I;ve checked that and I've seen that I can use the GK volume knob and GK S1/S2 to assign different functions. But I wanted to be able to use the pedals 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 as stomboxes as well. I could not find how to do it. Is it possible? In the VG8 thats possible and I thought it should be in the 88.

Regards and Thanks!!