GR55 and GT10 midi

Started by fatlad, November 08, 2012, 11:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatlad

Help please oh wise ones!!
For live work i'd like to be able to use one expression pedal for GR55 synth volume and another expression pedal to change gain of GR55 amplifier.
So I was originally thinking of buying an additional midi controller (FCB1010)

I also use a GT10 for some gtr sounds live. It occurred to me that, Alternatively I may be able to use the GT10 expression pedal via midi to change the gain of the GR55 amp.
Is it possible?
Thanks in advance.

gumtown

Yes it is possible, in the GT-10 system settings, change the EXP pedal (EXP Pedal Out) cc# (continuous controller number) to something else as by default it does patch volume [cc#07].
In the GR-55 setup a patch (or more) with an assign using the same cc# number set in the GT-10 EXP Pedal Out to control what ever you like (amp level), and make sure the GT-10 midi out and GR-55 midi in are both set to the same midi channel.
If the GT-10 PC OUT (program change) is still enabled, the GR-55 will track the same patch changes from the GT-10 too.
If you have a midi cable from the GR-55 midi out to the GT-10 midi in, then the GT-10 will also track the same patch changes as the GR-55.
The GT-10 will also recieve midi tempo changes from the GR-55 too (for delay times..etc).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

fatlad

Thank you very much gumtown. I'll give it a go.
Most appreciated.

fatlad

Big thank you to gumtown.  Midi hookup to gt10 works a treat. Its made the gr55 so much more versatile.  :)

Mrchevy

Quote from: fatlad on November 14, 2012, 10:47:49 AM
Big thank you to gumtown.  Midi hookup to gt10 works a treat. Its made the gr55 so much more versatile.  :)
I'll second that !
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

Toby Krebs

Thanks Gents! I am now inspired to give my GT-10 a try midi cabled up to my GR-55. Technology RULES!!!

jreff

OK - this is going to sound lame and ignorant, however I am not overly apprised on using MIDI. Here is what I want to do. I want to use a midi controller (Fishman Triple Play with foot controller) to send midi signal information to the GR-55 and have it respond to what I play on the guitar. This would eliminate the need for the clumsy 13 pin cable by using the wireless capabilities of the Triple Play. Is this possible?

CodeSmart

Quote from: jreff on October 25, 2017, 04:00:35 PM
OK - this is going to sound lame and ignorant, however I am not overly apprised on using MIDI. Here is what I want to do. I want to use a midi controller (Fishman Triple Play with foot controller) to send midi signal information to the GR-55 and have it respond to what I play on the guitar. This would eliminate the need for the clumsy 13 pin cable by using the wireless capabilities of the Triple Play. Is this possible?

Exactly what me, you and many other would like to do. Unfortunately it's impossible with the GR-55 (dictated by Roland firmware).

However the old GR-33 can do it.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!