Any way to get Midi over Wifi/Bluetooth for iOS to iOS device?

Started by mordecai, August 29, 2017, 05:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mordecai

Does anyone know of an app or function to get midi from one iOS device to another iOS device via WiFi/Bluetooth without having a computer in the mix? I looked at MidiBridge and think that's part of what it does. I can't find much information on it and don't want to spend money on something if it's not going to work.

What I am trying to achieve is getting OnSong on my iPad to communicate with LoopCommunity's Prime App on my iPhone. Prime only listens/learns midi Notes and what I would like to do is have OnSong send a midi Note to Prime to pull up a given song, much like can be done in Ableton. My issue is getting it over to my iPhone from my iPad. I know I could get something like iConnectMidi or iConnectAudio which may be what I end up doing but it would be great to do this all wirelessly if possible.

Right now I have iPad running OnSong sending PC and CC changes to my Voicelive 3 and it's working great. If you haven't looked into Prime App it's a great tool, you can upload anything you create to their cloud and load it into the app. I have my old Korg NanoKontrol doing all the faders and such.

Any help is appreciated.

admin

mordecai

Apollo did the trick while being cheaper and faster/more reliable(Bluetooth LE) than MidiBridge(WiFi). THANK YOU! Have OnSong starting tracks on my iPhone using Prime App like a champ.