SY-300 Talkbox Preset Request

Started by Farmer, July 21, 2017, 11:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer

Hello guys!
Anyone who has achieved really really good talkbox preset with boss sy-300?
I mean the patch to feed the real talkbox like banshee rocktrone for example. Everybody who is playing talkbox knows that synth carier sygnal is better for talkbox than a normal guitar signal, so i'm trying to get good sound with connecting my guitar and boss sy-300 with talkbox.

admin

SY-300 Might be the wrong tool for a convincing Talkbox effect:

Rhcole

I think Farmer means SY WITH a talkbox. Don't know whether anybody's tried it.

Farmer

Yes i mean using a signal chain like this:

Guitar -> Boss SY-300 -> Talkbox (Banshee)

Actually i had Boss-VO1 but it's actually pretty good pedal but for vocoders i like much more EHX v256 and talkbox simulation is pretty good but still a bit far from normal talkbox, that's why i've bought banshee talkbox. I've got mininova synthesizers and i played it trough my talkbox and i've got pretty cool sound and now i'm trying to get something similar with guitar because i play much better guitar than keys.

Rhcole

I think it would work great, especially if you hold a couple of the Oscs.

Farmer

Do you have any ideas from which settings should i start?

Rhcole

If you want a deep synth sound try the Blade Runner patch from this area.

guitarnoodle

I made a few talkbox presets that are pretty convincing, using the filters built into the synth oscs [in the beginning of the chain]. the key is using at least 2, preferably all three, and at different low/hi cutoff settings, and different passes [low on one, band or hi on the other], to get a talky effect. Its hard to get but at the right setting it 'hits'.

I might not have time to upload it here though, just yet. lots going on. But I might be able to screen shot the settings I have soon. I did a clean to crunch one, and a high gain one as well.

Right now I'm actually trying to get a clean guitar 'humanizer' effect, phaser alone wont cut it. Ill probably do the above, and mix in a phaser, which might just do it!

So much depth to this synth, even though theres not a lot of waves inside it. Would love if boss was able to update it with a few more waveforms, or even fm or something! if its still supported. I never got an sy-1000 yet, and don't know if I will. Too large, I love the small footprint of the 300 : )