Midi Interface Crunch Time

Started by Hurricane, June 13, 2017, 06:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane

8)

This forum group has always been a great source of reference info .

Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB 2.0  & Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD

Are considerations on the list to buy .

Any feed back on these would be appreciated .

I'm running Win10 with a 64 Bit cpu 4G ram .

Thanks & EZ :

HR

Elantric

I say skip the behringer , get the Focusrite

Any get more RAM

Hurricane

Quote from: Elantric on June 13, 2017, 08:31:19 PM
I say skip the behringer , get the Focusrite

Any get more RAM

;D

Just pulled the trigger on a 6i6 - gets here a week  from tomorrow . The double headphone
jacks are really going to make recording with an other(s) a lot easier of an affair . Cueing
and stuff will be streamline moves .
How mucha more rama  you suggestin ?This is the last link in my chain to record on my computer , it's exciting to say the least .

Your comment on using the analog outs of my GR33 to solving any issues of latency struck
home in regards to lost time vs getting the job done with a Windows OS makes sense .
I'll limp along with this present system till I get a mac laptop/tablet  8) .

I believe the Scarlet 6i6 comes with an IOS app so I can at least have a super interface directly into
my iphone , that will placate me till I get the another mac :o

Got a sweet deal on this 2nd.Gen.Focusrite for $200.00 new / no shipping charges or sales tax + 2 year warranty
instead of Focusrite's 1 year @ no extra charge for that extra year , that really made my day .

Today was the last day of the  sale . I have bought from them before and they owed me on a past purchase issue so
I collected on it today heh heh heh . Always dug the color red any .

EZ & thanks

HR

Elantric

QuoteHow much RAM?"

8GB minimum IMHO

More if you will be using Sampletank or NI Komplete or Omnisphere or video editing

chlorinemist

The Alyseum U3-88C is the king of midi interfaces in my experience. Never had a single hiccup while running all the ins and outs simultaneously.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/alyseum-u388c-8x8-usb-3-0-midi/627738-01/

My old iConnectivity mio10 crashed instantly anytime any of my midi gear slightly misbehaved. Had 10 ins and outs but couldnt handle more than 4 or 5 ports plugged in at a time.

The way the UC-88C is designed, it doesn't seem possible for it to crash. Never seems to start lagging behind when you start using very complex routing and numerous simultaneous data streams.

The Alyseum is even capable of generating usable midi clock data from Ableton Live. That's something I've never seen before, and had assumed was impossible. The MIDI output on my $3000 Metric Halo LIO 8 can't achieve this, but the Alyseum can. thumbs up

Hurricane

Talk about timing man - The price just went up $50.00 - I love it when I hit that sales sweetspot ¡ AGAIN !
EZ:

HR