To Buy: Boss GT100 or Zoom G5n or HD500x?

Started by patincunito, May 20, 2017, 11:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patincunito

Hi!

I hope this is the right place to do this question.

I have a VG99 and I love it but, honestly, the COSM amps... It's not enough for my. I like another kind of amps sims. I think this issue must have improved since 2007 (VG99).

So I'm thinking buy a multi-effects and amps sims pedalboard.

I only play at home, never a gig.

So, which is the best? Sorry, I question properly: Which do you like more?

I heard GT100 has the best effects but HD500 the best amps sims. Zoom G5n has nice amps simps, I was pleasantly surprised! You can say "Zoom G5n es cheaper than GT100 and HD500x but not in my country...  :'(

So, I would like to know your opinions and if you can help me to decide.

I always pay attention to what you say (in fact, I asked you for advice to buying the GR55 and I declined to do it!) and also learn!

Best regards from Argentina!

Pato.
"Lo mejor que hizo la Vieja, es el Pibe que maneja"

admin

QuoteSo, which is the best?

You you never mentioned them

In 2017 those would be Kemper and Axe-FX

In 2018  - add GT-1000 and Helix, HX Stomp

In 2019  =- add Ampero

patincunito

Quote from: admsustainiac on May 20, 2017, 11:59:40 AM
You you never mentioned them

In 2017 those would be Kemper and Axe-FX

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ooooook, I know the Kemper and Axe are the top of the tops. But are very expensives to me.
For instance, in my country, GT100 / HD500x they cost 10.000 aprox.
Axe or Kemper, 80.000!!

gumtown

The Boss GT-1 might be worth a look at too.
It depends on what features are important to you.
GT-100 has it all, with the dual amps/cabinets, S/R loop, sound looper, metal case, control pedals.
GT-1 has most of the GT-100 tones, with no dual amps, less control pedals, and a lot less price.

Might be worth waiting until the end of June, when some new guitar gear is to be revealed.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

patincunito

Quote from: gumtown on May 20, 2017, 07:41:02 PM
The Boss GT-1 might be worth a look at too.
It depends on what features are important to you.
GT-100 has it all, with the dual amps/cabinets, S/R loop, sound looper, metal case, control pedals.
GT-1 has most of the GT-100 tones, with no dual amps, less control pedals, and a lot less price.

Might be worth waiting until the end of June, when some new guitar gear is to be revealed.

Thanks, I saw it!
Pro: small size, most of GT-100 tones
Cons: not dual amps, less I/O

If want connect my VG99 (to COSM guitar) and another pedals (DigiTech FreqOut Natural Feedback Creator) to my new multi-effect (to amps sims), do I need fx return / fx send?

patincunito

Quote from: Elantric on May 20, 2017, 07:42:43 PM
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20990.msg150981#msg150981

Thank you very much!
Unfortunately (for this kind of stuff) I live in Argentina. This news products maybe arrive on 2020... if we're lucky!

Mrchevy

My opinion based on my experiences.........Zoom= good effects and amp sims but very limited control features. so I would likely sratch that from the list. GT100 vs HD500x=both have decent amp sims and effects, both have good signal routing capability, basically apples and oranges. I would be happy with either in that aspect. However, I found the HD500x more difficult to understand the user interface and work with vs the GT100. My opinion, go with the GT100. I believe they are pretty much the same as far as pricing.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

patincunito

Thanks Mrchevy! The last week I chose HD500, but today... I don't know!! I trhing maybe, just maybe, the GT100 and my VG99 works better together... you know, Roland+Boss maybe is better than Roland+Line6...

joakes

Quote from: patincunito on June 02, 2017, 08:56:48 AM
Thanks Mrchevy! The last week I chose HD500, but today... I don't know!! I trhing maybe, just maybe, the GT100 and my VG99 works better together... you know, Roland+Boss maybe is better than Roland+Line6...

Personally I regret buying the pod HD 500X because the software is old fashioned and its not that easy to get to grips with. That said, the GT 100 is SOOOOOO easy.

Just my 2 Euro cents

CHeers,
Jerry

jwoertz

I've owned the Zoom G5n as well as the GT-100. I love the way the G5n shows the patch and exact effects names, but it's really not gig-worthy like the GT-100. It's delicate and more had noise issues when using anything with comp and OD at the same time.

myksara

I have the BOSS GT100 and I find it very useful. Was never a fan of Line6. Never tried the G5n, but from what I hear and see, I still feel they went wrong with it. I have been contemplating purchasing a BOSS GT1000 now but I also still keep going back to my Zoom G3x many a times and end up using it more than the BOSS GT100 primarily for the compact form factor and light weight.

BOSS GT100 is a beast when it comes to using it in the manual mode which I find very useful and the 2 screens make editing easy on the unit- its super-fast on a computer. The assigns make options of doing tons of things in a single patch so much serious fun.

I have sold and bought a Zoom G3x couple of times and I don't know why but I keep going to it. Zooms score above all units in terms of being superb serious practice units with the included drums and amazing auto quantized looper with a pre-count. With loopers on other units, you have to practice tapping the loop start and end with precision. Sadly Zooms are seriously underrated IMHO. They are the best all-round bang for the buck units IMHO. I am almost going to purchase a GT1000 now because I am a BOSS fan too, it is much lighter than GT100 and I loved the sounds on it in a few demos- although they get some bashing by Helixers, Fractalers and Headrushers :)

But if someone were to guarantee that Roland is launching the next version of GR55 which will be all that a GR55 is along with guitar stuff from GT1000, I will save my money ;D
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

admin

Myksara, since you are in India, be sure to check out the Hotone Ampero