GT-100- Help with a Boss GT 100 (Routing 2 independent signal paths)

Started by Jayesskerr, January 24, 2017, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayesskerr

OK, I currently use two boss GT100's with my Chapman Stick (Stereo Tapping instrument), one for bass side, and one for the melody side. Now, on the L6 Helix, you can route things so that you can have both bass side and melody side get their own signal chains, and then also get their own outputs. Is this possible on the GT100? I would sure like it to be, because I love the GT100 with the Stick... I have read, and scoured but alas, nothing... Thanks in advance for your help, guys!

gumtown

Not very easily as you need 2 inputs.
but in 'theory' you could use the normal guitar input for one, and the Return of the S/R loop for the second input.
place all the effects evenly, or as required within the channels A/B part of the signal chain with just the Amp at the front of one channel and it's level at '0' and the S/R loop just after it.
That will allow you to set the splitter to dual channel, the normal input will pass to both the channels, but stop at the amp before the S/R loop so just it's return signal goes through on that one channel only.
I hope you follow that line of thought.

Another option is to use the guitar input as a single mono signal and use the GT-100 splitter filter feature, with high pass/low pass channel splitting.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Jayesskerr

Yes! haha 2 inputs would be nice! Thanks for the reply, I will give it a go...