Our new live looping project

Started by tibi, December 21, 2016, 05:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tibi

Hello there ;)

Greetings from Poland! At first, i have to thank vguitarforums comunity, knowledge i found here, helped me a lot to create this project!

BUT, accualy i want to show you the result of those experiments:

This is very first video, fusion of jazz guitar, rap and electronic music, created and looped live (electronic beat is prerecorded ofc).
I think i dont have to explain it much more on THIS forum, but few details that might be interesting for you:

-i think i tested all big hardware loopers aviable on the market, and finaly decided to use Ableton as a looping station, works very, very well!
-accualy, we tested double boss rc-300 looper system, and that wasnt enough flexibility for us. Finaly, we are using two abletons linked together.
-becouse of ableton and PC-oriented system, i emulate all sounds and effects on PC, electric guitar sounds also in studio and live (next video in January will incorporate electrics)
-only two analog things i using in system is Wampler distortion pedal and Art digital tube preamp (kinda cheap one, but works well as saturator and dynamics controll)
-all synth sounds played by me created on VG-99 and effects on PC-side. I rarely useing any built-in effects cos of their poor quality. GR-55 wasnt enough for sure, sold.
-Synth from acoustic guitar with gk-3 works very well, it was hard to find examples before i instaled GK-3 on mine guitar :)
-In my opinion, if u are using PC, u dont need kemper or axe-fx, but its much much harder to configure PC system and to find proper settings and VST combination for good sound. Its still cheaper in the end, especially if u need PC anyway (for looping for example).
-Gator case do its job, without pedalboard and separate amps for electric and acoustic (accualy i dont use any right now on stage, just monitors) its much easier to travel!

I wonder what u think about all that!

edit: of course if you like the video, share it please! If you prefer: here is facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/bohater
thanks!

krysh

my 2 ct's, yours,

krysh

sy-300 newbie and bass- and guitarplayer from hamburg, germany

tibi

Another video as promised, this time with electric guitar and some bass guitar (synthed). Same story, everything emulated and looped in ableton.

Im wonder what u think about that concept!

Feel free to ask, if you have any technical questions.

tibi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_TrkwnvWSg&list=PLQPqsunfHt6T6VaGBtw0VRUEyKCVV4m8H&index=3

another video, this time with sounds from AXE FX II! Bass sound taken from the lowest string during riff. VG-99 synth solo at the second half of the tune.