GT1 Noise Supressor ON/OFF - How ?

Started by Synthetica, December 09, 2016, 01:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synthetica

The GT1  Parameter Guide shows a setting for Turning the NS ON/OFF but doesn't actually say how to do it. There must be a simple setting that I'm missing but i can't find it. Anyone know how?

Synthetica

Nevermind it looks like this is addressed in the ver 1.05 update which I will now be installing.

Synthetica

It may just be my ears but the whole device sounds even better after doing the 1.03 to 1.05 update. Of course subjective as usual.

Elantric

I Agree - GT-1 is an amazing tool and value

mooncaine

Does your updated GT-1 show an on/off capability for the NS effect? Mine doesn't.

The BTS software shows no on/off radio button for Noise Suppressor.

I just finished updating the GT-1 to version 1.05. I'm using Yosemite 10.10.5 on a Mac. No other probs noticed (I can load and edit patches and LiveSets).

AnalogNerd

Just got a GT-1 here in Japan, and it's got firmware v1.06. Surprised it's not up on the Boss site; hopefully it'll get pushed out with a macOS-compatible version of the ToneCentral software (which is supposed to be in testing now)... really want to start using that.

slimefuzz

slooky

Quote from: AnalogNerd on December 31, 2016, 11:26:28 PM
Just got a GT-1 here in Japan, and it's got firmware v1.06. Surprised it's not up on the Boss site; hopefully it'll get pushed out with a macOS-compatible version of the ToneCentral software (which is supposed to be in testing now)... really want to start using that.

What does this update include?

AnalogNerd

What does this update include?

I wish I knew. I have no release notes, nothing. It shipped from Roland mid/late Dec with 1.06, so I've got nothing to compare to. Haven't had any issues with it yet- the GT-1's a great little unit so far. I really like the Blues patches. With a little tweaking (i.e., pull back on reverb & delay), I've found some great tones.

aliensporebomb

Quote from: AnalogNerd on December 31, 2016, 11:26:28 PM

Sounds like that newer version of firmware for the RC-300 - v1.05 is the latest available but v1.10 apparently incorporates a maintenance mode feature that Roland isn't releasing publicly.

I wonder if they had a newer version of software for the VG-99 internally?  I worked for a company that produced software updatable printers and the last version publicly was not the last version produced!  Political reasons were for the lack of final release!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

NickyC

I have a GT-1 with v1.05.  When editing the effect I think you turn the first knob (Threshold I think) ll the way to the left and it changes to off.

jimgondo

Quote from: Synthetica on December 09, 2016, 02:26:47 PM
It may just be my ears but the whole device sounds even better after doing the 1.03 to 1.05 update. Of course subjective as usual.
Hi. I did not notice any change in the NS button when using Tone Sgufuo software. I have not checked the edit screen of the unit bid that where you saw the change? It would be great to be able to turn BS on and off like all the other effects. I did load the 1.0.5 update. Sounds good. Not tremendously different from previous software. Thanks