Behringer FS-112

Started by justinmorell, July 15, 2016, 06:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinmorell

I just picked up an FS-112, one of the ones with the cable hard-wired to the switch. I bought the FS-112 because, well, it's cheap. And as it turns out, one of the two footswitches seems not to engage if not pressed dead-on (but that's another story...)

Anyway, I read elsewhere on the forum that at least one user has had success with these and the GP-10, but for me the switch behaves in reverse. In other words, if I want to use it to turn on the chorus, I have to use an "assign" and set the "max" to off and the "min" to on. This seems to indicate that the switch is normally-open instead of normally-closed (or whatever the reverse would be of what the GP-10 likes to see. Am I correct? Has anyone else had success with these switches? Do they need to be modded to work?

thanks,
Justin
justin

GR-55, VG-99

Elantric

Majority of third party Momentary switches out in the wild are "Normally Open"  type , not the Roland "Normally Closed Type".

So what you describe is a common issue when using non Roland External Control Switch foot pedals

justinmorell

Thanks. I figured, based on another user's experience, that this one was an exception. Anyway, I suppose that I can use it only for assigns and just set them up in reverse.
justin

GR-55, VG-99