Writer's Challenge Oct 2015 open to ALL Vguitar types

Started by DreamTheory, October 21, 2015, 08:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamTheory

Hi guys! Sorry that the October challenge is a bit late. I have something special in mind though. Instead of the usual patch challenge, this time the challenge is to play a lead part, ANY lead sound you want, using ANY gear you want. We will resume the GR -55 patch challenges in November.

Attached is my (garage) band, Dream Theory. This is a real drummer playing Yamaha electronic drums, and a real keyboardist playing a Yamaha MOX. I am on acoustic guitar. So there are no V guitars, just a band backing track.

Bust out your favorite lead and blow!
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008

DreamTheory

Well I issued the challenge, so here is my take on the lead line. To punch things up a bit I used a high gain lead with feedback guitar PCM tone blended in and a panned delay. I used the built in volume pedal for swells and solo boost. Volume pedal is one of the best "effects," it can transform the guitar.
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008