GP-10 - Slow Subtle Vibrato

Started by tpandela, July 08, 2015, 10:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpandela

Newbie here. I like to use a very slow and gentle vibrato (a wavering pitch shift w/no chorusing) for my clean jazzy sound. Must accept chords. Something that is hardly noticeable. There is no vibrato effect in the GP-10. Is there a way to achieve it using a tweaked flanger or the wave pedal or something else? I get my GP-10 tomorrow and, if I can program this color, that will be the first thing I set up.

Thanks,
Tom

Elantric

QuoteThere is no vibrato effect in the GP-10.

Actually you can use the Chorus effect in "STEREO 2" mode and mute the Left dry signal  = vibrato

Or install one of these over the stage and set it to the slow setting ;)

tpandela

That idea makes sense Elantric though I don't see anywhere on that parameter list a way to mute the left channel. I would only run the unit in mono mode. Does that cause probs?

Tom

Elantric

Observe this screen shot above depicting the GP-10s FX Block
The order of ANYTHING in this specific block can be altered, moved, re-arranged and changed by the user 

QuoteI don't see anywhere on that parameter list a way to mute the left channel. I would only run the unit in mono mode. Does that cause probs?
1 ) Use Boss Tone Studio, Move the Chorus to the far right as the last GP-10 effect.

2 ) Set the Chorus for "STEREO 2" mode

3) Run Mono, but only connect to the Right Output Jack on GP-10, adjust the Chorus rate  & depth for your desired "Vibrato"  rate  & depth.

tpandela

I see. Thank you. Will try it when I get my GP-10!

Tom 

Redvers

You could use a pitch shifter set to 0, 100% wet and use a wave pedal assign on the 'fine' parameter. Or usea delay, 100% wet, no feedback and do the same with the delay time, keeping it below 30ms or so so it's playable.

Both these methods may glitch too much, I haven't tried them.