Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Links to Videos / Re: Pete Thorn - Sunday Live
« Last post by admsustainiac on Today at 01:23:58 AM »

My interest is in data - 6-channel guitar direct to PC/mobile.

Consider a Boss GP-10 - it features ability to feed each string direct to a PC/Mac via clean 24 bit USB Audio interface built in.

The GP-10 features an onboard USB audio/MIDI interface, letting players capture great amp and effect tones in their DAW with any guitar. But when using a GK pickup, the GP-10 expands production capabilities far beyond any standard guitar processor. For example, it’s possible to record a guitar’s six strings individually on separate tracks, either processed with the GP-10 or captured dry for later processing. Multi-string sound recording offers creative options not only for re-amping applications, but also for “re-guitaring” sounds through the GP-10’s modeling section to change the entire sound while mixing. The guitar-to-MIDI function lets players to stretch their creativity even further by using their guitar to play soft synths, capture MIDI sequences, and input MIDI data into music notation software.

or
http://www.separate-strings.co.uk

My interest is in data - 6-channel guitar direct to PC/mobile. Has anyone done any recordings with that configuration using this pick-up? What kinds of instrumental sounds have you emulated/created?
High Tech Guitars / Re: Mind Music Labs - Sensus Guitar
« Last post by admsustainiac on Today at 12:45:48 AM »
I don't Twitt, and I see nothing about availability, so what is it saying?

Good question

and I agree, after 2 years of fanfare, Sensus still has no details regarding the final version features,  or when it will ever ship

They do have a good PR firm  - but not sure who the  target customer for this will be  - I expect this to be in the $5K+ price area, which limits its appeal. 

I expect to know more after 2018 Winter NAMM 
High Tech Guitars / Re: Mind Music Labs - Sensus Guitar
« Last post by Sonnec on Today at 12:37:59 AM »
I don't Twitt, and I see nothing about availability, so what is it saying?
Roland GR-50 / Re: GR-50 & FC-200 in the market
« Last post by chrish on Yesterday at 11:21:27 PM »
I can see the male pins, the two Phillips head screws, and the center prong.  It is all original.  If I were still into 24-pin, I would have already scooped it up.
ok thanks. I can see them in Steve's picture.
« Last post by sec6 on Yesterday at 10:52:23 PM »
I'm looking at the picture on a mobile so like I say it's hard to tell.

But I did compare the Jack enclosure picture to my g505 and the two Phillips head screws that are visible are not configured that way on My Guitar. There are two Phillips head screws on my guitar but they are more aligned in the center of the enclosure and hold the 24-pin jack.

Can you see the actual male pins?

I can see the male pins, the two Phillips head screws, and the center prong.  It is all original.  If I were still into 24-pin, I would have already scooped it up. 
« Last post by chrish on Yesterday at 10:30:24 PM »
Looks like it is there to me.
I'm looking at the picture on a mobile so like I say it's hard to tell.

But I did compare the Jack enclosure picture to my g505 and the two Phillips head screws that are visible are not configured that way on My Guitar. There are two Phillips head screws on my guitar but they are more aligned in the center of the enclosure and hold the 24-pin jack.

Can you see the actual male pins?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Blog