GR-55 - Check MIDI Clock Sync setting on GR-55

Started by Mrchevy, October 21, 2014, 07:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrchevy

FREAKIN PRICLESS !!!!!! ............. Although I consider myself somewhat efficient with the GR55 at this point, I just installed a second GK3 on a second guitar. All was fine until a couple of days ago when I was revisiting the presets and started getting horrible sounds on some of them. A constant noise that sounded like distortion and an air hose leaking. It was mainly on the top E string, sometimes the A string. I went thru checking settings, turning off PCM's, etc. trying to isolate it. I cleaned my cable ends. Was starting to think a bad cable, or possibly doing a factory reset. BUT, first decided to use the search on the forum. didn't really find anything, so I just started going back thru threads in the GR55 section and ran across something that sparked a hit. It seemed to be doing this on patches that had tempo's in them and so I started reading a thread " Drum grooves not triggering on GR55( driving me nuts!)". I found a response from  -shawnb-

"I've run across this issue before:   If you have MIDI sync set to "ON" (manual, pg 79), the GR-55 is expecting an *external* clock source.  It will wait for that external source before doing any of the groove actions.   Tempo is in fact 0, and many grooves sound distinctly farty."

I went and checked and sure enough my MIDI SYNC was on, so I turned it off and BAM!!!! problem gone. :D Not sure how that happened although I was briefly tinkering with Guitar midi last week.   !!!!! THANK YOU SHAWNB !!!!

Just wanted to reiterate the value and vast knowledge of the members of this forum, and the fact that the solutions are here folks, you just gotta look for them.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

shawnb

Ah, the GR-55's dreaded farty sound!   

Glad it worked out!
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp