GR-55 - Thanks

Started by Thecass, April 03, 2016, 12:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thecass

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to you guys.

I've had my GR-55 for a year and never used it.
You guys have made it the best thing I've ever owned.

I really want to say thanks to you.

You guys Rock.

Cass

whippinpost91850

Glad you got it going and are having fun. I'm in a second new cover band and with their material I am finding even more uses for it.

Autana

I buy my first GR-55 when just hit the market, I was instantly disappointed for a few critical reasons to me, and sold it, but last year the incredible amount of useful information, tricks, solutions, patches and sharing in VGF, a thousand times more than what you can get from Roland or Boss, persuaded me of giving it a second chance, and I decided to buy my current GR-55.  We glad to hear you stripped off dust your GR-55 :)
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Thecass

I'm not using any Roland sounds, all my sounds have come from you guys.

But your right, there's very little Help from Roland.

guitared

Yes....thanks to all. My gr55 would be almost useless to me without this forum...

chrish

It's possible that roland is listening, they did after all design the products that we use and my newest boss product came with the following card '' register your product and get expert customer care from us''. I watched a video of Pat Metheny using the gr-55 for a demo of the gr-300 synth trumpet sound that he helped make famous, and it sounded as close to the original sound as anything i'v heard. Yes the forum members create sound patches that are great, but it is sure nice to have a box to put them in. So let's also thank all the manufactures of these tone toys.

Autana

Quote from: chrish on May 20, 2016, 09:46:51 PM
I watched a video of Pat Metheny using the gr-55 for a demo of the gr-300 synth trumpet sound that he helped make famous

Is that Metheny/GR-55 video googleable? I could not find it in search results.

GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

chrish

I came across that video as part of a roland product demo of the gr-55. It was just a short blurb of him playing, but it was convincing because that sound was being played with his unique phrasing. When i hear the great patches that members of the forum post, it makes me want to buy those products, so i check out web demo's. Let's see, a used vg-99, a gp-10 and a gr-55, yea that should do it. :-). I should add that in 1991, roland sent me a bunch of product support material without me asking. It was called ''the roland gr-50 user kit'' that included software upgrades and user patches for many of their products at the time.