VG-99 with GR-33 via US-20

Started by jodama, September 29, 2017, 01:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodama

I'm not sure if this is a VG-99 problem, but I'm having an odd issue when I connect it to a US-20 with a GR-33. The sound from my normal pickup is bleeding through no matter what setting I have the US-20 set to. It's not going through the 'normal PU' settings...it actually seems to be going through the GR-33, but the reason I'm not sure that's where the problem lies is because the same thing doesn't happen when I connect other GK equipment with the GR-33.

The only way (that I can find) to stop this from happening is to turn the normal PU volume on my guitar all the way down (or switch it off if I have a 3 way GK selector). This is inconvenient because I'm obviously unable to mix in the normal PU sound if I'm so inclined.

What's the deal here? Is this a known problem? Is it even a problem? BTW, I should mention that I also have a Primova Sound GKPX-14 that exhibits the same behavior. The problem is somewhere in the interaction between the VG-99 and the GR-33...I think. The GR-33 doesn't seem to have normal PU controls unless I'm missing something. Maybe that's the issue? But then why doesn't it happen when paired with other synths?

Elantric

QuoteI'm not sure if this is a VG-99 problem, but I'm having an odd issue when I connect it to a US-20 with a GR-33. The sound from my normal pickup is bleeding through no matter what setting I have the US-20 set to.

Common issue

Read

Roland US-20 A/B Selector BUG (Importance of VG-99 GK-VOL Assignment)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2246.0