JTV - All Models Output Adjusted to match

Started by oehman, September 01, 2013, 08:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oehman

All models output were adjusted to match Lester so switching models in mid-set (or mid-song) won't require a volume adjustment on my amp or pedals.

I adjusted the output of each model using my POD HD & Headphones or a Fender Super Champ XD --YMMV.
Custom1 was set up so I can play Acoustic in position 3 and toggle to Lester or Spank
I didn't adjust the Reso Models
I changed pickups on some of the Semi's
Custom2 is all Masonite body with Strat pickups

9/3/13 UPDATE - SORRY I DIDN'T SAVE THE BANKS CORRECTLY IN THE ORIGINAL POST. These banks should be correct.

oehman

Here's an update to the original post.
I've had more time to tweak.
Attached is a bundle

tomtheguitarguy

Thanks!  I'll give them a try!
http://www.tomtheguitarguy.com ~ http://www.tomcatsband.com
CIJ Blue Floral w/ McVay G Bender
G & L Will Ray Signature ASAT w/ Hipshot B Bender
JTV-69 James Tyler Variax
Fishman TriplePlay ~ Roland GR-55
Dr. Z RxES 2x12
Quilter MicroPro200 10" ~ Quilter Aviator 8" ~ Quilter Steelaire
Bose L1 Classic

simba

:) Thanks a lot !

changingparadigm

Thanks for the post.  I am looking forward to having the volume levels equalized. 

I do have a question that I hope someone may be able to help with.  I am running my JTV-69 with a HD500x and the acoustic side of it is a big frustration for me.  I am getting a horrible resonance form certain frets.  A String - 8/9 frets and the D String 4th fret.    There is such a deep unpleasant sound that comes from the guitar.  I've tried so many different patches and no luck.  I think it's the guitar. 

Elantric

Have a  Luthier check the frets on your Tyler Variax !
(as answered here)
http://line6.com/support/topic/10530-jtv-69-acoustic-model-issues/#entry72447

also if you use a string gauge that is too light ,or set the bridge for too low action  - there will be problems with Acoustic Guitar modeling

Myself I use 10-52 set and that provides higher tension on the lower strings that helps the Acoustic modeling.

guitarno

Quote from: changingparadigm on November 24, 2014, 11:07:54 AM
Thanks for the post.  I am looking forward to having the volume levels equalized. 

I do have a question that I hope someone may be able to help with.  I am running my JTV-69 with a HD500x and the acoustic side of it is a big frustration for me.  I am getting a horrible resonance form certain frets.  A String - 8/9 frets and the D String 4th fret.    There is such a deep unpleasant sound that comes from the guitar.  I've tried so many different patches and no luck.  I think it's the guitar.

I have a JTV59 / HD500X that I use a lot for acoustic sounds. I also have had issues with resonant peaks on my JTV. I have a pronounced peak at F# (D string, 4th fret), just like yours. My 59 is a very resonant guitar, which is a good thing, but it screws with the modeled sounds. I have used HD Workbench, to turn down the volume of the 4th string a little to reduce the peak on that string. As Elantric said, using heavier gauge strings also helps with the acoustic models. I don't believe I have a physical problem with that fret, but I'll have to inspect it closer to be sure.

I'm not sure how else to deal with resonant peaks like this except maybe to use a notch filter right at that frequency.
Suhr Classic Pro SSS, PRS Hollowbody II Piezo, Breedlove Oregon Concerto E, Fractal FM3, Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special

mrnomer14

Hi I downloaded and installed these. Sound great.

WHAT did you do to the Semi position 1?? Sounds INCREDIBLE on arpeggios

vtgearhead

What level of JTV firmware were those *.bnk and *.bun files developed under?

dafrimpster

I am so glad I found these. I was trying to find time to do this myself. I used this for the first time last weekend at two gigs. I never had to adjust volume between different models. thanks very much!! :D

twangboy

Oehman, thank you so much. new JTV user. Ive got a 300, 500 and 600 too. This helped out a bunch! I owe you a cold one....

p8guitar

Thanks a lot for your hard work, Oehman!! :)

I think Line6 went too far with the authenticity of the volume differences, but maybe other peoply like it.
Next they will model breaking strings...   ;D

Courier6

This is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to level all the patches. This patch volume inconsistency has been an issue for me with Line 6 for about 15 years, from my first Spider 2x12, to my Pod XT Live, to my JTV-59 and 89. I don't understand why they think it is acceptable to have us do the work to level every single patch in their products. At least my wireless units transmit at the same level on each channel!  ;)

smalaney

So I am new to owning a JTV69 guitar. I just received it, found these patches that may be what I need to address the main frustration I have with the guitar immediately which is wide variances in volumes between the various models. My question (probably dumb) is how do you load these into the guitar thru Workbench HD? Just started using it, not intuitive for me though I am sure with time I will figure it out. The manual is not as detailed as I am use to so any pointers would be much appreciated. Also, how do I save the existing settings, and perhaps just replace one guitar in a bank? Sorry for being so dense, just not familiar with the philosophy of the tool just yet. Got a gig to play in 2 weeks and want to use the guitar for parts of the show which I can do if I stick just to the Lester setting or the pickups themselves.

Thanks
Shawn

Elantric

whippinpost91850

Elantric, do you still use your variax live?

Elantric

Lynyrd

guitarno

Quote from: changingparadigm on November 24, 2014, 11:07:54 AM

I know this is an ancient post but I've had 2 different JTV-59's over the years and they both had resonant peaks at F# (D string, 4th fret), especially noticeable on some of the acoustic models (I forget which ones were the worst). Something in the guitar that was modelled by Line6 or an inherent resonant peak in the physical JTV-59 guitar, or maybe a little of both. It was so bad I had to avoid that note, or not play that model live at all, or put a very narrow & deep notch filter to reduce that F# note. It was really annoying and I thought it was a fluke in the 1st JTV-59 I owned, but when it was the exact same in the 2nd one I assumed it was at least partially in the physical guitar. I now have a JTV-69 that I just got and haven't seen that yet but I haven't had much time with it yet. I hope it's less of an issue on the 69. If it is the same on the 69 then I think it's safe to assume that it is an anomaly in the acoustic model of the guitar that Line6 created.
Suhr Classic Pro SSS, PRS Hollowbody II Piezo, Breedlove Oregon Concerto E, Fractal FM3, Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special