VG 99 LOOPER

Started by papabuss, February 02, 2011, 07:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papabuss

Ok...everybody is talking about the GR 55 at the moment...
by the way did  everybody know that the VG99 can overdub as many different sounds/tracks in a preset if you use the HOLD/STOP Function in the DELAY-FX?
Assign your CTL 3 Pedal to the  record function ---record a track--change your COSM A/B GUITARS/BASS/SYNTH if you like  and record new tracks (maximum ca. 4 seconds) The recording stops if you press your CTL F4 Pedal

Greetings from Germany
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Elantric

Very interesting!

Thanks for posting this Looper patch!

vanceg

Quote from: papabuss on February 02, 2011, 07:08:34 AM
Ok...everybody is talking about the GR 55 at the moment...
by the way did  everybody know that the VG99 can overdub as many different sounds/tracks in a preset if you use the HOLD/STOP Function in the DELAY-FX?
Assign your CTL 3 Pedal to the  record function ---record a track--change your COSM A/B GUITARS/BASS/SYNTH if you like  and record new tracks (maximum ca. 4 seconds) The recording stops if you press your CTL F4 Pedal

Greetings from Germany

Indeed thanks for the patch!

Yes, the VG-99 does have a looping delay.  It is also possible to use the other delay types (reverse, stereo, etc) as a psudo- looping delay or stutter by setting the Repeat to 100% and manipulating the input level.  I built a "stutter delay" that functioned this way.  I thought I had a patch posted which showed this feature but I now see that it isn't posted. I will get around to this today.  

4 seconds isn't a very long loop.... one of the most common requests for a future version of the VG-99 is a longer looper...but I absolutely commend you for making great use of the 4 seconds we have!

papabuss

To be absolutely correct...in the manual it's (only) 2.8 seconds....but it's a nice feature anyway ;)

papabuss

Quote from: papabuss on February 02, 2011, 07:08:34 AM
Assign your CTL 3 Pedal to the  record function ---record a track--change your COSM A/B GUITARS/BASS/SYNTH if you like  and record new tracks (maximum ca. 4 seconds) The recording stops if you press your CTL F4 Pedal
Of course you can also use and assign CTL 1 and 2 instead of CTL 3 and 4