Is there a way to mount an external GK with a GHOST system?

Started by polaris20, October 21, 2014, 08:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polaris20

I've currently got an Ibanez RG with the GHOST system, but it's strictly for acoustic sounds; IMO, the MIDI aspect always sucked, due to crosstalk, noise, etc.

I want to get the GP-10, and use the GK3 that comes with it, but the wires from the GHOST are where the GK would go. Is there a clever, reversible way to mount a GK over those wires? See pic:

DSC_0033 by fearofthe2ndstep, on Flickr

Elantric

If it were me  - Id order a GK-3 Internal kit and swap out the Ghost for the Gk-3 internal  - order a set of Graphtech non piezo saddles and swap those out too, then re-sell the ghost piezo system   

polaris20

Quote from: Elantric on October 21, 2014, 08:37:26 AM
If it were me  - Id order a GK-3 Internal kit and swap out the Ghost for the Gk-3 internal  - order a set of Graphtech non piezo saddles and swap those out too, then re-sell the ghost piezo system

Hmmm.......the thought had crossed my mind, but I'm hesitant to cut this one up any more than it is. I might just go the route of buying a MIM body for a spare Strat neck I have, and doing a GK KIT on that one.

The acoustic sound of the GHOST is great; I just hate how the wires are.

Elantric

See page 30 here
http://www.graphtech.com/docs/default-document-library/ghost-installation-manual.pdf?sfvrsn=2

A local luthier that will work with you should be able to drill a new wire cable pass thru hole under the Strat Bridge  - and add 6 new holes in the non trem Strat Bridge plate to hide all visible piezo saddle wire connections.