iOS Video Playlist

Started by HoosierMan, October 26, 2016, 08:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoosierMan

Hi guys,

I have a show coming up and I have some videos in QuickTime .mov format that go along with my music that I want to play behind me while I play.  I play the videos on an iPhone which I connect via a Lightning to HDMI adapter and run either to a projector or connect to a TV/display.

Is there an app you are aware of in which I can create a video playlist for the set of videos I want to use for a particular gig and allow me to step through each one as I play? 

Currently I just have the files stored in iCloud and I have to open each video manually and consequently the audience will see the contents of the iCloud folder and my actions to select and open each video.  I am looking for a way for things to be more professional and seamless.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Elantric

Latest IOS VJ Tools

http://vjapp.com

http://vjapp.com/govj-vj-app-for-iphone/

But VLC Player can work too.
VLC for Mobile by VideoLAN
https://appsto.re/us/QR_WM.i

Infuse does Dolby AC3 /DTS HD decoding
Infuse 4 ~ an elegant video player by Firecore, LLC
https://appsto.re/us/-4KzI.i

HoosierMan

Great...thanks.  I tried the VLC and the Infuse apps and I like Infuse the best.  VLC seems generally okay, but it seems to have a bug in that it will not pause between videos even when that option is enabled in the settings.  I checked the VLC forum and someone else inquired about that several weeks ago, so apparently it is still unresolved.

Elantric

Agreed -

Infuse 4 with the "PRO" upgrade ($9.99) is a very nice app and supports cloud based media
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infuse-4-elegant-video-player/id577130046?mt=8
Description
** All-new version 4 includes fully licensed and certified Dolby® (AC3/E-AC3), DTS® and DTS-HD® audio! **

Ignite your video content with Infuse – the beautiful way to watch almost any video format on your iPhone or iPad. No need to convert files! Infuse is optimized for iOS 9, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, with powerful streaming options, trakt syncing, and unmatched AirPlay & subtitle support. Gorgeous interface. Precise controls. And silky-smooth playback.

- PLAY MORE VIDEO TYPES
Play just about anything, including the standard MP4, M4V and MOV...plus MKV, AVI, WMV, MTS, FLV, OGM, OGV, ASF, 3GP, DVR-MS, WebM, and WTV. Includes fully certified Dolby® Digital Plus (AC3/E-AC3), DTS® and DTS-HD® audio.

- STREAM FROM OTHER DEVICES
Browse and play videos stored on a Mac, PC, NAS, Wi-Fi hard drive or from UPnP/DLNA apps like Plex, Kodi (XBMC) and WMC...no syncing required.

- POWERFUL AIRPLAY & GOOGLE CAST OPTIONS
Stream a wide variety of videos types such as MKV, MP4, M4V, AVI and others over AirPlay & Google Cast with full surround sound and subtitles.

- TRAKT 2-WAY SYNC
Connect with trakt to sync watched history, submit ratings and post comments.

- OPTIMIZED SUBTITLES POWERED BY OPENSUBTITLES
Bring your own subtitles, or download them on the fly (for free) in virtually any language.

=====

"Looks great, plays anything you throw at it."
-Lifehacker

"The best media player for iPhone and iPad."
-Cult of Mac

"I can't give the UI high enough praise. It's great."
-9to5Mac

"I see no reason whatsoever to remove Infuse from my Home screen anytime soon."
-iDownloadBlog

"Superior to VLC."
-Alex Heath, Cult of Mac

"A beautiful UI."
-trakt co-founder

"A mini XBMC!"
-Infuse user

=====

Are you looking for a flexible video player that plays more formats? Infuse is the only video player app that bridges the gap between your iTunes and other content – so you can watch virtually anything you want, no matter the format. Yup, that means you can say ta-ta to wasting hours of precious movie-watching time converting your files.

Even better? The Infuse interface is jaw-droppingly sexy. It's truly a beautiful way to complement the visual appeal of your favorite films, music videos and TV shows.

After all, you want to ENJOY watching your videos, don't you – instead of struggling with an ugly interface, a clunky UX or the limitations of the standard video player?

=====

MORE THAN JUST A PRETTY FACE

- Play more video formats (MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MTS, M4V, MOV, FLV, OGM, OGV, ASF, 3GP, DVR-MS, WebM, WTV)
- Stream from a Mac, PC, NAS or Wi-Fi enabled hard drive
- Connect with Plex, Kodi (XBMC), WMC and most other UPnP/DLNA servers
- Silky-smooth hardware decoding (plays full 4K)
- Beautiful layout with quick access to video info
- Artwork and metadata added automatically
- Subtitles (SRT, SSA, SUB, SMI, DVDSub, PGS, XSUB, Timed Text, VobSub, DVB)
- Multiple audio tracks
- Chapters
- Folders
- Gesture controls
- 8 video zoom options
- Continuous playback
- Scrobble plays to trakt
- One-click subtitle downloads from OpenSubtitles
- Drag and drop uploads via web browser
- Import from iTunes, Dropbox, email and other apps
- Download videos from networked devices
- TV out via HDMI or VGA adapter
- Expand onboard storage with mophie space pack
- Optimized for iOS 9, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Pro, and Apple TV

UPGRADE TO INFUSE PRO TO GET EVEN MORE!

- Play even more video formats
- Enjoy Dolby® Digital Plus (AC3/E-AC3), DTS® and DTS-HD® mobile surround sound
- Stream a wide variety of video types over AirPlay and Google Cast
- 2-way trakt sync of watched history and playback progress
- Play videos in background, or while device is locked

=====

Note: DRM-protected movies & TV shows purchased from the iTunes store are not supported.

Metadata and artwork are provided by TMDb and TheTVDB, which are community maintained movie and TV show databases.