VG-99 - Please help this blockhead Vista 64

Started by Vic1iful, December 21, 2010, 08:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic1iful

I installed The latest Editor and Librarian _ open it and it tells me I need drivers _ I instal latest Vista 64 Driver 1.0.0_ open it up and  Windows can't find Drivers for VG99_ Brose web and computer, none found.

Open up Editor to check mapping I get Vg99 out ____ None-No options, on the otherside MSFT in, I get two options, None (MSFT somethng or other) No ASIO option at all.

Then I read troubleshoot, somthing about have VG99 in advaced mode, Can't find it and don't know what to do with it if I did find it.

Then I read Elantics Post on Driver for Vista 64 1.0.0 but he talks about XP throughout so now I don't know If I did something wrong.

Then I read how to uninstal, I go Control panel to uninstal and only see VG99 Editor.

I have been on this for two days now. Please advise if you can. It must be possible, There are other Vista users that have had success wth this , right? Thank you

Vic1iful

Intel Core duo T9300 2.5 Ghz FSB, 6 MB l2 cashe
Full HD 1080P Crystilne LCD
Up to 1791 MB Nvidia GeForce 95000M
4GB DDR2
250GB HDD
Blueray Disk
802.11 a/b/g/Draft N-WLAN
Bluetooth 2.0+EDR

Brent Flash

Found this in another thread, hope it helps. The whole thread is here. https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1696.0

Great news!   I figured it was unlikely that Roland was using a one-off chip for MIDI and audio I/O, so I went looking through devices under their Edirol line.  I found the UA-4FX - a USB audio/MIDI interface http://www.rolandus.com/support/downloads_updates/eula.php?FileName=UA_4FX_win_vista_x64.zip  

1.  Download and install driver for UA-4FX
2.  Plug in USB cable for 99
3.  Cancel out of driver install wizard
4.  Open device properties for VG99 in device manager
5.  Click on driver tab, click update driver
6.  Select browse
7.  Select Let me pick from a list of drivers
8.  Select Sound, Video And Game Controllers
9.  Select Roland in Manufacturer list
10. Select UA-4FX, click continue on "may not be compatible" warning

And it works!  I select UA-4FX for my MIDI IO in the editor and I can work with the 99, and it also worked for audio in Sonar.  I've only tested on my machine, so no guarantees.  Good Luck!  

PS.  It's slightly annoying that Roland hasn't taken this simple step for us, the Edirol drivers that work with the USB IO chip in the 99 were released in 2007.

Vic1iful

Vic1iful

OK, Now I am a bit confused. I checked my processor chip it is 64 Bit, but when I check computer properties it says 32 bit. So should I be trying to instal the 32 bit drivers? Obviously the 64 bit ones won't work or I am doing smething wrong again.
Is The 32 bit for vista the same as XP? Thanks

Vic1iful

Here is what I mean.
I ran a test here http://www.grc.com/securable.htm
And looked it up here http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=33917
And it says I have a 64 bit Processor

But when I right click on my computer, it shows Vista Ultimate 32 bit OS

I am not computer savey. Should I be running 32 bit drivers or 64 bit drivers?
Everytime I try to extract the 64 bit drivers I get a message that they are not capable of running on this machine and they will not extract. What am I doing Wrong? Thanks

TheGuitarPlayer

It sounds like your CPU is an x86-64 (i.e. 64-bit) CPU, but your version of Windows is x86-32 (i.e. 32-bit).  This is perfectly fine.  If this is the case, you'll need 32-bit drivers to match the OS.

Vic1iful

Thank you, now I will first uninstal the editor/librarian and reinstal for that.  I will get the hang of this soon, just not computer savey ;)Thanks allot.

Vic1iful

Forgive me I am litteraly half blind. Can someone tell me where i can find the "Advanced Mode" on the VG99 so I can get it to operate with the Editor? Do I have to do anything special while in advancedmode? Is this where I choose ASIO driver over Windows Driver from? TIA

mooncaine

Here's how to do it if you have good enough vision to see the display; I don't know how many pokes this takes if you're truly doing it without the ability to see.

Poke the System button.
Poke Page Right (the right arrow button) until you see USB. Poke that.
Poke Page Right (the right arrow button) until you've gone as far as it'll go. The first button on that page changes the USB driver when you poke it. Poke it till you see "ADVANCD" or something similar.

Let us know if you've solved the problem, OK?

Vic1iful

Thank you moon. I have to keep my browser screen on zoom 200 plus my glasses, so If I ask questions here it isn't because I haven't spent allot of time trying to find these things on my own. Getting old is a bitch ;)

Vic1iful

OK, the 1.0.0 driver worked great with Vista 32 bit. I backed up everything in "PAtch" Mode by clicking on "Read All" .....and noticed there is also "System", "GK Settings", and "Favorites" Mode as well. So my question is, Did I do this right? Am I supposed to individualy back up System Modes and GK Modes as well, or did it already do that for me when I downloaded all the patches? TIA

I also Noticed it stateing SMF file? What Should I do with that? TIA

Brent Flash

Quote from: Vic1iful on January 04, 2011, 10:58:40 AM
So my question is, Did I do this right? Am I supposed to individualy back up System Modes and GK Modes as well, or did it already do that for me when I downloaded all the patches? TIA

I also Noticed it stateing SMF file? What Should I do with that? TIA
Yes, in the LIBRARIAN you will have to do each category. Read more here. https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1071.0

Vic1iful