Questions About VG-99, EV-5, FC-300

Started by Ed Driscoll, November 27, 2014, 03:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Driscoll

Hi all,

On the guitar synth patches in the VG-99, is there a way to assign the EV-5 pedal to do filter sweeps?

Also, on the VG-99's synth patches, on the FC-300 (which I've never used, but would consider buying on eBay), I assume the first pedal controls volume. What does the second expression do, if anything?

Thanks,

Ed

Brent Flash

Answer to first question is, Yes. Second question is, anything you want it to do.  ;)

Ed Driscoll

Thanks. Since we're being as open-ended as possible, how?  ;D

Specifically, what I meant was (I actually went into this thread to edit my original post; I wasn't expecting that quick of a reply), is there a way to route (or duplicate) the ribbon controller's filter sweep function to the EV-5?

If so, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks again,

Ed

Brent Flash

Ed Driscoll

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5382.msg36831#msg36831

QuoteThe trick is, you have to turn the D-Beam on before the pedal will do anything. So you will set one target to D BEAM/FILTER/SW (switch) and one to D BEAM/FILTER/CONTROL. The one that is set to switch set the SOURCE ACTIVE RANGE HIGH to something like 2 so that the instant you start pressing the pedal it will turn it on. That should do it. Let me know if you have other questions.

That did it! But since I'm still working through the settings, I'm still not sure of how to set the levels and how they interact so that the effect is a little smoother and more controllable. Do I need to set the levels on both D BEAM/FILTER/SW and D BEAM/FILTER/CONTROL?

Thanks for help,

Ed