GR-55 - How I preview tones

Started by Jim Wintringham, March 11, 2016, 11:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Wintringham

I thought this could be of interest when listening to tone samples. I wanted to listen to different pad tones, to pick out my favorites. Normally I just get in the 'edit' mode and scroll through the sample list. But, in this case I wanted to compare tones, and try different combinations. So, I set up my first tone....and set up the parameters I wanted (example: I lower the string volume on strings 1 & 2). I then saved the tone to a slot I use to test tones (50). Next I re-save the same tone in the next slot (51), and change the sample tone, keeping the same parameter settings. I save the new tone, change the name to match the tone number, then save it again (slot 52)....and repeat the process. The advantage I found....was easy access to the whole list of sample tones I was trying out. When all done I can finish 'tweaking' the tones to my liking, and put my favorites in the area I use when playing live. :)
Roland GR-55
Wechter Pathmaker PM 7354
Brian Moore i91.13 (China)
Zoom G2
Ventris Dual Reverb
Roland kc-300

DreamTheory

cool. you can click back and forth between the sound you are testing.
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008