David Gilmour Sound-On-Sound

Started by nunocasais, February 25, 2016, 04:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nunocasais

Hi there!
Anyone knows how to get that beautiful swells that David got on the Royal Albert Hall Acoustic concert when he performed all alone that intro from "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"???
I know that, in theory, he sends a swell (fade in) with the help of a volume pedal right after strumming his chords. That swelling is then processed with a Delay (which parameters are posted on Gilmourish.com) and probably some reverb and chorus.
I did this already, but with a bunch of gear, not only with the GR.
I want to use only the original acoustic sound of my guitar, with no modelling, just don't figure how to configure the GR foot pedal to act as a volume pedal, although i think i have to use another...
Appreciate any help!
Cheers!

sixeight

QuoteI want to use only the original acoustic sound of my guitar, with no modelling, just don't figure how to configure the GR foot pedal to act as a volume pedal, although i think i have to use another...
Appreciate any help!
Cheers!

Does the signal of the acoustic sound of your guitar pass through the GR55? If so, you can assign the expression pedal to the tone volume of the Normal PU. But if you use other gear, you will have to explain how it is all connected...

nunocasais

Well, i mostly use the GR-55 on my acoustic concerts to get some 'colour' to my sound. I use always the PU SOUND with a bass on the 5th and 6th strings. Sometimes i use a layered pad. That's how i use it. This signal then goes to a Boss RC-300 Looper, just for looping.
How to get it from this?

nunocasais

I made some search and i found this patch... It almost works, but all i would want to replace was the pads on the background for the original acoustic guitar swell. Instead of the foot exp pedal fades in the pads, it would be perfect to fade in delay and chorus effect affected by the original guitar sound, like David's original version.
It's close but not there yet.
Can someone help me here please?
I am completely stuck here...

nunocasais

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/