Hi. Al from Long Island

Started by l6podman, July 14, 2014, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l6podman

Long time Line 6 user. Started with version 1 Pod to the HD500. Several Years ago I picked up a USA Roland Ready Strat with GR-30. Bought it to use live, but found myself only using the synth for nylon guitar and some Sax Solos (13pin cable was a hassle as well). Wound up using it to create midi backing tracks I wrote. Used it for writing bass lines, strings, horns, second guitars, etc. Picked up Peavey Bass Module, Roland 1010 and 1080 synth modules to go along with the GR-30. Made some nice tracks http://www.bandmix.com/then_n_now/

By 2009 I was back to just straight guitar. I discovered a couple of Variaxes on Craigslist for under $300 each. They work very nice with the HD500, however, now I'm tethered by the VDI cable :( .

Recently, while looking for a JT Variax on ebay, I stumbled upon a Fishman Triple Play. Made a best offer and got it.

So here I go again. Find a way to work it into a band that has a keyboard player and plays with sequence tracks.
I will say, the tracking is much better than the GK, but I will admit I never had the GK professionally set up.

This Forum is perfect for me. I hope I can add information in the future to help others like some of the posts have already helped me.

Thanx

vxboogie

Welcome! Been using PODs for over 10 years myself. There is a TON of great info here!