WTS-WTT Joel Stehr Soft Shoulder Dread (2 For 1)

Started by Infi-del, February 01, 2016, 01:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infi-del

I have a marvelous Joel Stehr dread here.
http://www.stehrguitars.com/Contact.html
This thing is a masterpiece. One of the easiest playing and glorious sounding guitars I've ever played let alone owned. And it's freaking LOUD. Carpathian Spruce Top, Malaysian Ebony back and sides. Abalone lion head and mother of pearl eagle fret markers. 5 piece neck made of mahogany, maple, and ebony. Ebony fret board with gold frets and pin stripe. Ebony Bridge with bone pins, saddle, and nut. It's an exquisite instrument. Since these pics I had my Luthier install a 30's vintage Greven Tor-Tis pickguard and a set of gold Gotoh 510 Delta tuners on the guitar. There is one small ding in the top... I'll try and photograph it.  I have a letter from Stehr Guitars estimating the replacement cost of this piece at around $5,650.00. Will include that for your homeowners insurance. Also includes a basic but nice hard case.

Scale 25.5"
Nut 1.75"
String Spacing 2.25"
Date = 09 of 2007

$3,250.00 shipped and paypaled.

I consider the trade value to be higher but that's all relative anyway. As long as a trade is fair... then that's all that matters. What I won't do is trade this guitar for your $1,500.00 acoustic just because the MSRP of your guitar is equal to my asking price.

I am moving away from acoustic guitar due to nerve damage in my left hand. Electrics are just easier and less painful for me to play these days and so I am going more in that direction. BUT my little girl is coming along in her guitar studies and prefers the acoustic so I would be highly interested in a combo trade for a mid level acoustic and a upper level electric.

For example a Taylor 510CE or 514CE plus a Gibson ES335 with the big fat trap inalys or Jackson USA Soloist. But the idea is that the electric is the more valuable of the two. Would even consider a 3 guitar trade depending on what it is.

Also interested in the following gear...

Strymon Big Sky
Strymon Timeline
Roland GK3 Pickup
Roland GR-55
Antares ATG-1 Floor Unit

The Tor-Tis Vintage 30's pickguard

Here is the tiny ding on the top.

Pic of the Gotohs

All the herringbone around the body and rosette are gold.

Here are the birds. Joel really is a talented craftsman.

And the depth of the Malaysian ebony... even drank up the finish it's so plush.

Joel's Letter
My ebay user name is Doom_Enterprises you can see my feedback here... http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=doom_enterprises&ftab=AllFeedback