VG-9 - Pod LuxeAcoustic on "B" + Modified LuxeOrch on "A"

Started by aliensporebomb, October 26, 2011, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliensporebomb

I am posting this here for the ages as it were since the thread going on on the GR-55 side of the board might scroll off.

In brief, I duplicated Bill Ruppert's acoustic guitar patch that he created on the GR-55 on the "B" side of my VG-99 and then modified my "Luxe Orchestra" patch on the "A" side of the VG-99 but instead of having the pitch be +7 it's +24 for all six strings and I've added the Poly Slow Gear.  I also added a longer reverb tail to the "A" side so that as you change chords on the "B" section the "A" section slowly morphs from the chords you played a second ago to the new one.  It kind of sounds like a Brian Eno thing.

So if you play just "B" you get acoustic guitar with light reverb.
If you use the FC-300 left pedal to fade in "A" you get a nice evocative shimmering polysynth string sound tracking along.  See MP3 example.

This is "Release Candidate 1".  If I improve this I'll add an update later. 

If you don't have the FC-300 you can just use the VG-99 editor to not make the left FC-300 pedal fade in the "A" portion of the patch.

Addition:  I added a track using this patch called "The Boo Man".  My cat of 20+ years, Boodgie died a couple of fridays ago.  I wrote a little piece with the pitch of the guitar down -7 and the strings up two octaves.  I wanted to memorialize his dignity, his longevity and his feistiness and unique personality.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

fuzzfactory

sounds GREAT...i will be downloading this one for sure!
sorry to hear about your cat though  :(

notnomiistakes

mostlyjazzer

Great patch! Just like -when you learn smthg new on the guitar- this patch makes the vg-99 all fresh again. Look forward to try it out!

cynegetic

Ok stupid question but curious why you name your patches "pod..."?

aliensporebomb

Quote from: cynegetic on January 07, 2012, 06:36:42 PM
Ok stupid question but curious why you name your patches "pod..."?

Good question!  It's a family nickname (long story revolving around a misheard name during a phone call back when I worked phone support as my day gig) and it's a way of identifying who made the patch when it gets out in the world. 

Sort of my "Hi there!" to anyone who knows me or knows of me.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

cynegetic