Getting Positive Grid Bias FX Pro to work with skype or Viber

Started by Rikendrix, December 22, 2016, 06:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikendrix

Hi all,

Using Bias FX pro through focusrite Scarlet 2i2 audio interface.  Effects work great through speakers and headphones but I am trying to use this with skype or viber (To do online guitar lessons) but all skype or viber pick up is the clean guitar sound through the interface input and not the effect the bias fx software is applying to it.  Ive heard of people using third party software to host the call but dont really know much about it .. I have tried contacting positive grid, focusrite and skype and viber and have got no joy ... Only other alternative I can think of is using speakers as output and using the mic old school style but ideally would like to use the headphones and get the software to do all the work ,... Any ideas ??

Elantric

If you are on a Mac - use Sound Flower to re-route the audio between the apps.

Rikendrix

sorry ... for windows ... dont suppose you know of a windows alternative ??

Elantric

Passing Windows audio between apps is pain and hurdle - and I Have not had much luck

Things to try

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

VB-CABLE TECHNOLOGY

VB-Audio CABLE is a Windows Audio Driver working as Virtual Audio Cable. Thanks to its Multi-Format Audio Engine, VB-CABLE can be used without any configuration! Ready to work with all Audio Application using MME, KS, DX, KS or WASAPI interfaces.

Some use ASIO4ALL - but again, my experience has been poor (crackles / latency)