13-pin cables on eBay

Started by gumbo, October 23, 2011, 06:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumbo

Morning Everybody...or at least it probably is where YOU are..!  ;D

Has anybody tried this or is aware of the details of this product?

(eBay#)  360401098626

I have tried to get more information out of the Seller as to pin connectivity and shielding, etc...their reply just says that "they didn't 'engineer' the product..they just sell it"   ::)

I have emailed the nominated manufacturer (IMC Audio) and they have chosen not to reply...   :P

Any comments appreciated..

Gumbo in Oz
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

maxdaddy

The description says that it is a 'locking' cable and one of the main problems with many of the off-brand VG cables is that they don't have the lock tab on the barrels. I don't know that brand, but the price seems right. If you get one, let us know how you like it.

Bill Ruppert

I bought an off brand 5 ft GK cable on ebay.
Its ok.
Vinyl  cable construction semi cheap, but it was cheap.
The old Planet Waves cables were great, gold pins ect..
I bought up MANY when they closed them out.

There is a guy on Ebay selling Planet Wave cables but it looks nothing like the ones that are real.
Always ask if the name "Planet Waves" is printed on the cable every 2 inches.
If not pass.

Below is what the official  D'addario Planet Waves GK 13 pin cable in its original package looked like:

rstryjew

>Someboy knows if I cant use (buy) any 13 pins Midi GK cable (locking) to use from the Gk3 to the gr55? Because I saw a lot a 13 midi cables for sale in e-bay and the say that work for another roland things and pedalboards for sure but nothing about our gr55. Somebody tried with a standard 13 pins midi cable?
I´m thinking about buy a backup cable using e-bay cause in Argentina nobody sales that 13 pins cable.
Thanks
Ramiro
Ibanez S570b
Pickups: SDuncan JB bridge, SDuncan SH1 vintage 59 neck, SDuncan stratocaster in the middle, GK3.
Effects: Roland GR55 + Clean gtr out to Compressor, Súper Overdrive, Boss ME80 pedalboard, Tube Overdrive, Blues Driver, Fuzz, Big Muff, Digital Delay, Phaser and Chorus. 2ways more fun.

turenko

Hello Ramiro,

greetings from Brazil!  Last time when i needed i have bought from musician´s friend (for my GR-33) but i still have it and they work just fine with GR-55

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/roland-gkc-13-pin-cable

regards,
Brian Moore iGuitar 9.13
KRAMER Richie Sambora 1989 with gk-3
Squier Japan 1989 with Gk-2
Takamine EF 291M(E) with Gk-3

rstryjew

Obrigado meu amigo. Se eu posso te ayudar me falta, eu morei un año em Limeira SP', amo legiao urbana e ainda falo o meu portugués ruim, mas tenho muitas saudades de lá. Alguna banda nova par me recomendar?
Abraço.
Ramiro
Ibanez S570b
Pickups: SDuncan JB bridge, SDuncan SH1 vintage 59 neck, SDuncan stratocaster in the middle, GK3.
Effects: Roland GR55 + Clean gtr out to Compressor, Súper Overdrive, Boss ME80 pedalboard, Tube Overdrive, Blues Driver, Fuzz, Big Muff, Digital Delay, Phaser and Chorus. 2ways more fun.

gumtown

The correct term for the cable is "13 pin GK cable", there is nothing midi in it, and may cause confusion if you end up getting a "5 pin midi cable" instead.
The 13 pin GK cable for the GR-55 is the same type as used in other Roland products, such as the VG-99, and the GR guitar synths.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

rstryjew

Thanks, clarification is the base of understanding, I´am new in Midi tech. I will ask that way.
Ramiro
Ibanez S570b

merman93

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on October 24, 2011, 06:51:47 PM

The old Planet Waves cables were great, gold pins ect..
I bought up MANY when they closed them out.

I just bought the last of the REAL 10 ft planet waves 13 pin cables on Reverb.com but the retailer still has a few 20 and 30 ft Ones available. NOS in original box.

Seller was Three Wave Music in New Jersey via Reverb.com
https://reverb.com/item/84287-planet-waves-30-ft-13-pin-guitar-synthesizer-cable

I still prefer the Best-Tronics cables, but the Planet Waves are classics.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9