GR-55 - Acoustic guitars for all kinds of use here (in only one patch):

Started by jefersontorres, November 12, 2014, 06:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefersontorres

Well guys and girls, this is me again. I took a time to prepare some coffee and work on creating patchs. I play in a balls band, so I have to be ecletic. We play mambo, cha-cha-cha, bolero, foxtrot, walts, and even rock, beside some brazilian rythms, since I'm from Brazil. So I decided to create this patch. It's the first of a series of patchs I'll create and store on the first bank, from 1-1 to 1-3, hoping to get acoustic guitars and clean guitars for all the possible situations I face alive. Yes, it's a hard task, but this is good to train my abilities with Roland GR55.

In the following patch I joined all possible acoustic guitar you'll need in a ball's band like the on in which I play. The assigns:

GK S1 bottom:

GK S1 bottom changes from a Gibson GB to a Martin type of sell guitar, and at the same time stablish some fine adjustments in the equalization section in order to set the sound more "acoustic". I noticed stell acoustic guitars have that high frequencies that characterize the instrument, differing it from an electric guitar.

GK S2 bottom:

Turns on and off the 12 strings option. It's an independent control from GK S1, so you'll choose a Martin or Gibson simulation with or without the added 6 strings. I also used the fine tunning strategy in order to create that "chorus" typical of 12 string guitars.

GK Volume:

Independent control set the chorus level. So you can have 6 or 12 Martin or Gibson acoustic stell guitar with or without chorus, adding just what you really want.

Expression Pedal when on (Expon):

Patch volume

Expression Pedal Switch (ExpSW):

Turns on and off the nylon strings and, at the same time, adjust the body type element ir order to produce that "sweet" nylon sound.

Expression Pedal when off (Exp):

Controlls the patch overall volume, same function when turned on.

CTL:

Turns delay on and off. I decided to set a 200 ms delay, just a really litle bit of echo to give that ambience, almost like a reverb indeed. First I thought of setting a tap tempo delay, but this wouldn't gimme the oportunity to turn off the delay, since all other assigns where determined.

I tested the patch in my combo amp, a AC Works, produced in Brazil, with mid, low and high at 12, and also in my headphones, and explain why. I know different speackers answer in different ways. So this way I guess I'll get a considerable good result in any kind of amp or PA system, just adjusting itself controls.

Last, but not least: the normal PU is turned on, so you can mix the original guitar sound with all of these other sounds ou just turn it off by setting the GK position to GK and/or turning down the pickup volume knob in your guitar.

This is Jeff from Brazil. We are facing a hard time in politics, but this is a forum about music right? We share this passion, and I hope I'll help you just like you helped me with this chat. Hugs!

By the way, "Violões pra tudo" means" acoustic guitars for all kinds of uses

sandruvs

Olá jefersontorres tendo em vista que vc toca em banda de baile aqui no brasil, vou dizer que na minha experiencia de Gr-55 so obtive som de violão real usado a linha graphtech o som muda muito fica muito mais real não sei se vc ja conhece, mas vale a pena,fica muito bom,na verdade pra todo sons do Gr-55.

Translation
Hello jefersontorres considering that you touched on the dance band here in Brazil, I will say that in my experience of Gr-55 only got sound from real guitar line Graphtech used to change the sound is very much real I do not know if you already know but worth it, is very good indeed for all sounds Gr-55.

hoochiekoo

Thank you very much. This is more than a patch but a great experience to learn from.