FTP - Software 1.4... soon

Started by Spider, November 11, 2016, 09:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliensporebomb

Jennifer Batten is amazing.  Glad to see she's getting her name out there doing guitar-synthy things. 

It wouldn't be surprising to me if they were able to optimize tracking by careful tuning of the code.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

LightWing

So I go to the Fishman site to look for the "East-West Edition for Triple Play" and I find...nada...zero...zilch.

admin

QuoteSo I go to the Fishman site to look for the "East-West Edition for Triple Play" and I find...nada...zero...zilch.

Its brand new - wont ship until early 2017

and yes - this is an extra cost  option for all FTP users  - not part of the "free software bundle"

More info

BBach

SampleTank patches not loading. Followed directions as best I could. Never asked for authorization code.

FishmanSQA

Quote from: BBach on December 21, 2016, 01:50:02 PM
SampleTank patches not loading. Followed directions as best I could. Never asked for authorization code.

Hello BBach-

Just making sure you installed the ST3 iso first, then TP 1.4 second?  If you already did this, go to IKMultimedia.com, login and go to Support>User Area>My Products> and look for Sampletank Custom Shop. Click the icon below that for the authorization code. Run the authorization manager after this to enter the code, and rescan for plugins. Let us know if you still have trouble!

Best,
Sara

BBach

Rescan crashes the program. I authorized ST3 (3.6.7) on IKMultimedia website.

FishmanSQA

Quote from: BBach on December 22, 2016, 11:17:57 AM
Rescan crashes the program. I authorized ST3 (3.6.7) on IKMultimedia website.

BB- I private messaged you to gather more information. Please see your inbox.

Best,
Sara

guitarno

I had not been using my TriplePlay for some time now - had it boxed up on the shelf for a while. Looking over my notes, I had gotten frustrated with some performance issues & crashes, and although I really liked the idea of using it, eventually I just ran out of time to deal with it and moved on to other things musical.

Fast forward to the present: I re-downloaded all the software, including the 1.4 TP version, mounted the pickup & controls onto a different guitar (Godin LGX), and loaded everything back up to try the new versions of software.

So far the overall performance and stability seems greatly improved, although I've only had a few days with it. It's tracking pretty well with minimal effort on my part, although I was very careful in proper pickup placing & mounting. I may have set it up better than I did the last time, but I didn't have to do a lot of tweaking to get good performance out of it, and so far I haven't really had to fine tune it yet with the various TP parameters.

I bought the full version of Sampletank 3 and that's working well. I am having some issues with Kontakt though. I loaded the "Komplete Elements mkII that is linked on my Fishman/TriplePlay download page, but when I am going through the factory patches, a large number of them give an error that says: "Patch was made with a later version of Kontakt. Please update your software." Using NI's software manager app, everything IS up to date and there are no updates available. I tried reloading the Komplete Elements software to no avail.

Were the factory presets made with some other version of Kontakt than the one that is linked on the user download pages?

If Sara from Fishman could comment on that & advise me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Suhr Classic Pro SSS, PRS Hollowbody II Piezo, Breedlove Oregon Concerto E, Fractal FM3, Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special

FishmanSQA

Quote from: guitarno on December 28, 2016, 06:39:27 AM

I bought the full version of Sampletank 3 and that's working well. I am having some issues with Kontakt though. I loaded the "Komplete Elements mkII that is linked on my Fishman/TriplePlay download page, but when I am going through the factory patches, a large number of them give an error that says: "Patch was made with a later version of Kontakt. Please update your software." Using NI's software manager app, everything IS up to date and there are no updates available. I tried reloading the Komplete Elements software to no avail.

Were the factory presets made with some other version of Kontakt than the one that is linked on the user download pages?

If Sara from Fishman could comment on that & advise me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hello-

Kontakt has since dropped 32 bit support. In order for the patches to function properly in v1.4, you must be using Kontakt player version 5.5.2. It is available on our downloads page:

http://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-downloads/

You can also find it in the downloads section at NativeInstruments.com

Hope this helps!

Best,
Sara

guitarno

Quote from: FishmanSQA on December 28, 2016, 07:48:34 AM
Hello-

Kontakt has since dropped 32 bit support. In order for the patches to function properly in v1.4, you must be using Kontakt player version 5.5.2. It is available on our downloads page:

Hope this helps!

Best,
Sara

Thanks Sara! I'll check to see what version I have loaded & re-load 5.5.2 if it isn't the one I'm using. Maybe the Kontakt player got updated to a newer version.
Suhr Classic Pro SSS, PRS Hollowbody II Piezo, Breedlove Oregon Concerto E, Fractal FM3, Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special

guitarno

Quote from: FishmanSQA on December 28, 2016, 07:48:34 AM
Hello-

Hope this helps!

Best,
Sara

Thanks Sara. Actually I found that I mis-spoke in my original post (I was doing it from memory at the time). It wasn't Kontakt with the error, it was actually Reaktor. I checked the versions of everything in NI Service Center and the Kontakt player was indeed at 5.5.2.880, and the Reaktor player was at 5.6.1.11150. This was as installed in the Komplete Elements package. I looked around on the NI site and found a Reaktor player download at version 5.9.0.725. I loaded that and that fixed it. No more errors on those patches. Thanks for your time, and sorry for mis quoting which one was the issue.  ::)

frummox

Got problems with the 1.4 install. Installed the new version of SampleTank first then TriplePlay 1.4. During the install there were messages about upgrading the firmware for both the receiver and the controller (I think the controller message mentioned "mandatory". Now the controller and the receiver no longer link. Tried every combination of pushing the two buttons. The controller is fully charged. When I push the button on the receiver the MIDI button in the software blinks once. When I push the button on the controller they no longer link. Help!

frummox

Arrgh! Around the 30th try I got them to link. I'm wondering if the button on the controller goes bad. Next set of problems. The older version of SampleTank player no longer loads but SampleTank 3 does. This apparently means I no longer have access to my considerable collection of old SampleTank instruments (I'm guessing because SampleTank 3 is 64 bit?) Is there any way to access the older version of SampleTank in TriplePlay 1.4 so I can get at those instruments?

FishmanSQA

Quote from: frummox on December 29, 2016, 07:32:30 PM
Arrgh! Around the 30th try I got them to link. I'm wondering if the button on the controller goes bad. Next set of problems. The older version of SampleTank player no longer loads but SampleTank 3 does. This apparently means I no longer have access to my considerable collection of old SampleTank instruments (I'm guessing because SampleTank 3 is 64 bit?) Is there any way to access the older version of SampleTank in TriplePlay 1.4 so I can get at those instruments?

Hey there-

On newer TP models theres been a couple of times I've had to use a penny or the edge of the table to push the pair button on the controller in order for it to fully depress. Then it sort of "broke in." Give this a try...
As far as the Sampletank 2 instruments...You can choose to open Tripleplay in 32 bit and still have use of ST2, or after authorizing Sampletank 3, you can import the legacy instruments. See photo attached. Hopefully this helps!

Best,
Sara

frummox

Thanks for the response Sara and Happy New Year but still many problems. Swtiched to 32 bit in TriplePlay 1.4. The older IK Multimedia 2XT instruments appeared, such as Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth 2, etc. Selected an instrument in Miroslav Philharmonik---MIDI signal displayed in the meter and got sound. Several of the TriplePlay instruments like Blues Organ appeared in red lettering and would not play. Some like Zawinello appeared in black lettering and did play.

I tried importing the IK Multimedia 2XT instruments as Legacy instruments in TriplePlay 1.4 64 bit. They seemed to properly import. Restarted the app but they did not appear in SampleTank 3. Rescanned for instruments in TriplePlay 1.4 but they would not load in 1.4 (appeared in red in the scan list, "/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Sonik Synth 2.vst  Deactivated after failing to load").

Made a last ditch attempt to get back to where I was in TriplePlay 1.2 and opened that version of the app. When I connected I was asked to update the firmware! (going backwards?). Did so. Same problem with the TriplePlay instruments. Blues Organ appeared in red and would not sound but Zawinello appeared in black lettering and did sound. I opened Miroslav Philharmonic and Sonik Synth 2 and they played.

Rock and the hardplace at the moment. Ideally I would like to use TriplePlay 1.4 and have the IK Multimedia 2XT instruments like Sonik Synth and Miroslav Philharmonic come up as Legacy instruments but I can't seem to make that happen. Looks like I either have to ditch all the SampleTank 2XT instruments altogether, go back and forth between 1.2 and 1.4 to get the TriplePlay instruments AND the SampleTank 2XT instruments or get back completely to TriplePlay 1.2. But getting back to 1.2 is now a problem too as all the TriplePlay instruments no longer play like Blues Organ. I also suspect this may be problematic because of the back and forth firmware "upgrades" TriplePlay required.

frummox

OK got things mostly to work in 1.4. I had located the SampleTank instruments (both old and legacy) in Users>Shared>IK Multimedia. I moved everything to the Documents folder and for some reason the imported Legacy instruments worked (How I spent my New Year's evening!)

Rolloq

OK got things mostly to work in 1.4. I had located the SampleTank instruments (both old and legacy) in Users>Shared>IK Multimedia. I moved everything to the Documents folder and for some reason the imported Legacy instruments worked (How I spent my New Year's evening!)

Thanks for the info.  :D

Rolloq

frummox

The peculiar thing Rolloq is that the instruments should have worked where I originally placed them. I am a registered user of many IK Multimedia products. I am also running Pro Tools 10 on the same computer which accessed the IK Multimedia instrument plugins just fine in the original location. When I have time I'll test SampleTank 3 with ProTools 10 to see if anything funky happened as a result of what I did.

FishmanSQA

Quote from: frummox on December 31, 2016, 09:08:37 PM
Several of the TriplePlay instruments like Blues Organ appeared in red lettering and would not play. Some like Zawinello appeared in black lettering and did play.

-Recently Kontakt dropped 32 bit support, so if you intend on using TP in 32 bit, please make sure if you are using Kontakt player version 5.5.2. You can get this from our downloads page, or at Nativeinstruments.com.

Made a last ditch attempt to get back to where I was in TriplePlay 1.2 and opened that version of the app. When I connected I was asked to update the firmware! (going backwards?). 

- Yes, if you are using Tripleplay version 1.2- the firmware needs to "downgrade" to 1.76/2.12 in order to work properly.

I hope this helps...
Happy New Year!

Sara

guitarno

Quote from: HCarlH on December 19, 2016, 05:08:14 PM
Another big plus for me is it now loads S-Gear.  :)

Not possible in previous versions.

Did you do anything special to get this to work?  ??? I loaded the 1.4 FTP software and do have S-Gear but I have not been able to get S-Gear to show up in FTP as an option, same as before. I'd definitely prefer it to Guitar Rig.

Thanks!  ;D

HCarlH

Quote from: guitarno on January 03, 2017, 08:09:17 AM
Did you do anything special to get this to work?  ??? I loaded the 1.4 FTP software and do have S-Gear but I have not been able to get S-Gear to show up in FTP as an option, same as before. I'd definitely prefer it to Guitar Rig.

Thanks!  ;D

Once you update to the latest FTP software, you need to re-scan all VSTs so they can be found.
GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,

guitarno

Quote from: HCarlH on January 04, 2017, 11:44:25 AM
Once you update to the latest FTP software, you need to re-scan all VSTs so they can be found.

Yeah, that's the first thing I tried with no S-Gear showing up in the list. I'm running on an iMac. If I remember right, the VST & VST3 files for S-Gear are in their normal directories, and if FTP can use them, it should have been able to find them.

I'll have to do some more troubleshooting on this. Maybe I need to re-install S-Gear, or ??  ???  ??

HCarlH

Quote from: guitarno on January 04, 2017, 12:26:22 PM
If I remember right, the VST & VST3 files for S-Gear are in their normal directories, and if FTP can use them, it should have been able to find them.

I would find the S-Gear VST(3) file on your mac and make sure at least one path points to that, 'cause I know it works.
GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,

BobbyD

The interview with Larry Fishman was so spot on.  FTP 1.3 to me was a game changer. I have not tried 1.4 but will shortly.   I knew this the day I tried Triple Play,  my life as a semi pro guitarist for 40 years, was never going to be the same.