tripleplay and ipad

Started by nervoteso, May 06, 2016, 02:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nervoteso

i remember i used tripleplay on ipad air. yesterday after months i tried again to use it but it doesn't work anymore. it says not supported. i 've tried also with an usb hub with no luck. i remember it worked also on hub. what has it happened?

admin

Are you using a genuine Apple USB Camera adapter?

What version IOS?

nervoteso

yes official camera kit. the latest ipad air fw

GuitarBuilder

What is your iOS version?
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

FishmanSQA

Quote from: nervoteso on May 06, 2016, 02:49:39 AM
i remember i used tripleplay on ipad air. yesterday after months i tried again to use it but it doesn't work anymore. it says not supported. i 've tried also with an usb hub with no luck. i remember it worked also on hub. what has it happened?

Hello-

Could you give me some more details so I can investigate this a little further?

What Tripleplay controller and receiver Firmware versions are you using?
What IOS version?
What app are you attempting to use with TP?
Does this "not supported" message pop up immediately when you plug in TP or when you open the app?
Could you try just plugging in the camera kit adapter (without the TP receiver) and see if you get the same message?

Thanks!

Sara

Elantric

I just rechecked here
Fishman Tripleplay Receiver on IOS devices using the Apple Lightning Camera Adapter  are all still working for me
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

Using IPad AIR, iPad AIR2, iPhone 6 Plus, all with IOS 9.3.1, and official Apple Lightning USB Camera Adapter

Using either my external Tripleplay on Godn xtSA or Fender Fishman Tripleplay Strat.

FishmanSQA

Quote from: Elantric on May 07, 2016, 10:49:27 AM
I just rechecked here
Fishman Tripleplay Receiver on IOS devices using the Apple Lightning Camera Adapter  are all still working for me

Thanks for looking into this as well, Elantric.

Nervoteso-
So far I am not able to reproduce this problem, but please post any additional information you may have if you come across it again.

Best,
Sara

sloblue

iPad pro, powered usb 3 hub, irig pro, blueboard, triple play, amplitude, sample tank...apple camera to lightening...all working for me.

sloblue

i really like the tripleplay into sampletank on ipad but the iloud gets kinda weird with it.  the iloud with guitar is awesome indeed.  loud and so nice.  gotta use bigger amp with the midi.

sloblue

amplitube is just fantastic for what i need.  i can really get some awesome sounds and the iloud handles it very well.  very well. 

gregjon

I have been using CCK with FTP into iPad Air and now iPad Pro using only SampleTank and now SampleTank 2.

Works good most of the time but sometimes I have to restart the iPad Air / iPad Pro, in order
to get sound again. Not good at a gig.

Anybody else have this problem ?
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat with GK3 pickup.
Godin Freeway SA
Godin Multiac Nylon SA
Fishman Triple Play
GR-55
GR-20
SUGS Selector
RFX Midi Foot Control Pedal
Ipad Air, Apps: Bias, Jam Up Pro, Flying Haggis, Tone Stack, Audiobus, Garage Band,

rubooch

Quote from: gregjon on September 04, 2016, 02:41:04 AM
I have been using CCK with FTP into iPad Air and now iPad Pro using only SampleTank and now SampleTank 2.

Works good most of the time but sometimes I have to restart the iPad Air / iPad Pro, in order
to get sound again. Not good at a gig.

Anybody else have this problem ?

Have never had that problem.  iPad mini 2, iOS 10 and the new USB3 CCK

nervoteso

Hi

Any help to make my tripleplay work with my ipad? If i plug it to ipad through lightining usb kit it says device not supported also receiver doesn't start with red light

Elantric

be sure you are using a genuine Apple Lightning USB Camera adapter
follow steps here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9581.0

and contact Fishman Support
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18101.msg128879#msg128879

nervoteso

am i forced to use a powered usb hub?

Elantric

When using iPads headset jack for audio output I never use a USB HUB

Just plug Tripleplay USB Reciever into genuine Apple Lighting USB Camera Adapter connected to my iPad 

That's what is seen here

nervoteso

tripleplay doesn't work neither with hub usb neither without. oncetime worked i don't know why

Elantric

What exact model iPad?
What version IOS?
What exact model USB adapter?

nervoteso

got it ipad working after checking the guide, thanks. but only with usb hub.

ipad pro 9' ios 10

Elantric

ipad pro 9' ios 10

The one combination I never tried

Im starting to hate Apple , the latest greatest Apple hardware /OS is creating too many hurdles and "gotcha" obstacles that prevent creatives to do real work

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: Elantric on October 30, 2016, 06:36:45 AM
The one combination I never tried

Im starting to hate Apple , the latest greatest Apple hardware /OS is creating too many hurdles and "gotcha" obstacles that prevent creatives to do real work

No need to get excited!  I just tested FTP on my 13" iPad Pro with iOS 10.0.2 and it works just fine using only the Apple Lightning USB camera adapter; no hub required!

Perhaps the 9" model has insufficient power?
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973