Line 6 Amplifi as a GR or VG amp?

Started by jwhitcomb3, January 27, 2014, 08:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwhitcomb3

As many of you have heard, Line6 announced a new line of guitar amps at the 2014 winter NAMM show:

http://line6.com/amplifi/

While it has all sorts of cool modeling features and wireless capabilities, what struck me was using it as a compact, portable full range amplification solution for my GR-55. If the basic unit sounds good, connecting the GR-55 output to a 1/8" mini stereo aux input of the amplify seems like a very tidy gigging package.

And bonus if it sounds good as a guitar amp!

Looking forward to trying one of these out.

Jonathan

GraemeJ

I'm just a little mistrustful about one thing - what sort of watts are we talking about here?  I'm always wary of amplifier manufacturers who quote "x watts" output, with no qualification.

Elantric

Neither 75 watt or 150 watt Amplifi will compete with a live drummer IMHO. Both seemed more geared to be Bose home stereo replacements

datsunrobbie

I'm just surprised they only want to sell them to folks who own recent Apple hardware. It looks like you have to have one to do pretty much anything other than use the 4 presets. I am curious about the "tone-matching" part of the iOS app. Looking at the picture of the interface, it appears that you play a song using the app and it will search their online tone exchange to find a match - if it works well, that sounds like a very cool feature for somebody playing a lot of covers.

Elantric

I demoed a Amplifi 150  and talked to the Line6 Rep for 20 minutes.

* Its not M13  / HD class effects and amp modeling  - its rather like having a 4 preset version of the the old POD XT

* The IOS app is strictly an editor, All FX processing is performed inside the Amp.
( they indicated an Android version was in the works )

* The Amp is OK for bedroom levels, not live gigs  - for guitar tones only - not Synths

* Neither version of Amplifi is recommended for GR-55 / VG-99 - as the 1/8" Stereo Aux input on Amplifi can not replicate the full audio spectrum and low end bass at live gig SPL levels ,  like a Keyboard amp can.

* Tone Match is marketed as an Instant ToneMatching technology  - which is false, its was simply a database of patches that get in the ballpark of the tones used in a library of a set of  popular tunes,   - it does not work with unknown content or original demos by the new band you are auditioning to join ! -

I was not impressed with Amplifi ( Its was underpowered , not very loud, and too sparse controls for me )  and felt they could have knocked a home run if they had done some homework. I had hoped they would have showed up with equivalent of a Traynor K4 (300watts 2.1 speakers) with a 24 bit USB Class compliant Audio Interface built in - but they didn't  ( look at the Blackstar ID260TVP instead  http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/id260/

jwhitcomb3

Thanks for your thoughts and impressions.

datsunrobbie

"* Tone Match was simply a database of tones with popular tunes,   - it does not work with unknown content "

The Line6 site contradicts this. Maybe they should say any song in OUR music library. The marketing makes it sound like I could play any song from MY music library and it would look for matching tones, which was to me the most interesting feature of the amp. If I bought one thinking I could use it to match tones from my own library and then found that it won't, it would immediately be on it's way back.

From the Line6 website (emphasis added by me)  :
"Ever wondered how your favorite guitar player got that incredible tone? Innovative Line 6 tone-matching technology takes the work out of dialing in the perfect tone. Select any song in your music library, and AMPLIFi automatically provides matching tone selections via the cloud."

GraemeJ

Quote from: Elantric on January 28, 2014, 07:51:15 AM
Neither 75 watt or 150 watt Amplifi will compete with a live drummer IMHO.

Which merely enforces my suspicion that these are not 'real' watts (i.e. RMS) but some other sort.  I gig with a 100w amplifier and can easily compete with a live drummer ... and I use mainly clean sounds, not distorted ones that are perceptually louder.

NB:  The reason I get twitchy about all this stuff is as a result of a bad experience with a "120 watt" amplifier that was, in fact, incapable of little over 30 w RMS.  I'm old enough to remember when all guitar amps (in fact, virtually any power amp, no matter what its intended use) were specified in RMS watts and the purchaser had some sort of a reference to judge by.  These days, there seems to be a lot of manufacturers who are prepared to fudge this figure in the hope of increasing sales.

Elantric

When I tried cranking up the Amplifi 150 at NAMM, it felt about as loud as my 15 watt Vox Pathfinder, and nowhere near as loud as my Cube80XL.

True - they might have preset some kind of internal max level Master volume to "4"  - (rather like a Sound Pressure Level "Governor/Limiter") to limit SPL at NAMM Trade show.
EDIT: Confirmed that was not the case - re-tried Amplifi with the master and final output level on Max volume -  - This amp never goes louder than 85db SPL

But when I tried it, I felt the Amplifi is more at home in a living room where 85db is considered loud.
It might work for Solo coffeehouse gigs, but remember there is no EQ for the Stereo Aux input and no DI XLR outs.
The whole Amplifi line seems like they focused on style over substance, Rule#1 was make it look like it fits in with a modern living room, and gets wife approval. Although if it takes off, Im waiting for the Ethan Allen Early American and French Colonial decor versions.

Here is the rear panel -

I would ding them for :

* No User accessible fuse

* No Universal 90-240volt AC power operation

* No Line Out

* No XLR DI Outputs

* No gain control for Aux Input.

* No FCC , WEE/RoHS/UL/CE  - thats rather risky in these days where Fender was recently fined $265K by FCC for lack of proper labeling. I'm positive they have a clock faster than 10MHz. These need FCC part 15 Class B certification if its expected to be used at Home, else some whistleblower may report them to FCC.
http://www.commlawblog.com/2012/08/articles/enforcement-activities-fines-f/fcc-consent-decree-puts-whammy-on-fender/
http://www.commlawblog.com/2011/05/articles/enforcement-activities-fines-f/fcc-settles-for-big-bucks-over-audio-gear-wait-audio/
* No Handles

* No Corner protectors

Watch the Andertons UK demo video of Amplifi which explains everything. - but observe the whacky 5 mic setup required to listen to it 

www.andertons.co.uk/blog/guitars/line-6-amplifi-world-exclusive-demo

At least the Street price is $100 less for each compared to what Line6 told me at NAMM
ActualStreet is
Amplifi 75 = $399
Amplifi 150 = $499
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/line-6-amplifi-150-150w-modeling-solid-state-guitar-amp

Elantric

Line6  - FAQ for Amplifi 75/150
http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/ampl/

AMPLIFi 75 Specs
75 watts
8" custom speaker
2 mid-frequency drivers
2 high-frequency drivers
Weight: 20 lbs 8 oz
Dimensions: H: 12.5" W: 17.5" D: 8"
1/4" Guitar input and 1/8" Stereo Aux input
1/4" Headphone output
Tap tempo/tuner
4 onboard presets (access unlimited presets via app)
Stereo Wet/Dry Effects for immersive sound
Compatible with Line 6 FBV MkII Foot Controllers
USB connection
Bluetooth streaming audio (compatible with Android, iOS and Mac or PC)
AMPLIFi 150 Specs
150 watts
12" custom Celestion speaker
2 mid-frequency drivers
2 high-frequency drivers
Weight: 35 lbs 10 oz
Dimensions: H: 16.25" W: 22.5" D: 9.5"
1/4" Guitar input and 1/8" Stereo Aux input
1/4" Headphone output
Tap tempo/tuner
4 onboard presets (access unlimited presets via app)
Stereo Wet/Dry Effects for immersive sound
Compatible with Line 6 FBV MkII Foot Controllers
USB connection
Bluetooth streaming audio (compatible with Android, iOS and Mac or PC)
AMPLIFi Remote app Specs
Compatiable with iOS 7.0+
70+ amps, 100+ effects and 20+ speaker cabinets
8 simultaneous effects
Remotely control amp parameters to dial in your sound
Automatic tone matching instantly provides the perfect tones for jamming with songs in your music library
Access thousands of tones online
Share and rate tones in the cloud
Backup and store unlimited presets in the cloud
Q: What type of devices can AMPLIFi stream Bluetooth audio from?
A: AMPLIFi's high performance 5 speaker stereo design can stream Bluetooth audio from any Android™ device, iOS device, and Mac® or PC equipped with Bluetooth.

Q: How do I pair my Bluetooth device with AMPLIFi?
A: To pair the AMPLIFi with your Bluetooth device:
Enable Bluetooth on the device you would like to stream audio from.
Put the AMPLIFi into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button located on the upper left of the top panel - it will begin to flash to indicate it is in 'Pairing Mode', and the Master Volume knob's LEDs will change from solid red to flashing white.
Within the Bluetooth options of your device an entry for 'AMPLIFi' will appear.
Select the 'AMPLIFi' entry and pair with it - the Bluetooth LED will stop flashing and become solid lit blue.
Your AMPLIFi now ready stream audio from your device wirelessly.
Q: What Apple® iOS devices is AMPLIFi Remote compatible with?
A: AMPLIFi Remote requires iOS 7.0 and is compatible with the following iOS devices:
iPhone 5S
iPhone 5C
iPhone 5
iPhone 4S
iPhone 4
iPad 4
iPad 3
iPad 2
iPad mini
iPod 5
Q: How do I update the AMPLIFi's firmware?
A: We always recommend that you run the latest firmware in your AMPLIFi amplifier. Your AMPLIFi Remote application will inform you whenever a firmware update is available, so you'll always know you have the latest version! Follow the instructions HERE to update the firmware of your AMPLIFi.

Q: How can I reset the AMPLIFi to its default settings?
A: To perform a factory reset and restore the AMPLIFi to factory settings press and hold Master Volume knob and Tone button as you power up the amp.

Q: What can I do if I am experiencing Bluetooth connectivity between my Bluetooth device and the AMPLIFi?
A: For troubleshooting steps about Bluetooth connectivity and usage check out our Bluetooth Connectivity FAQ HERE.

Q: What is the USB input on the back panel of AMPLIFi for?
A: At the moment, it has no function. It's been put there for future use.

Q: When I am using the AMPLIFi Remote app, the tone controls on the amp don't seem to respond and my FBV MK II controller is not able to change my ABCD presets?
A: While using the AMPLIFi Remote app the AMPLIFi enters 'EDIT' mode. The tone and preset controls on the amp along with the ABCD preset foot switches on FBV MKII controllers will be disabled in order to allow you to wirelessly control and edit them from your iOS device.

Q: Can I use the AMPLIFi Remote app to load or edit tone files from my other exsisting Line 6 products?
A: The AMPLIFi Remote app is only compatible with tone files created from the AMPLIFi 75 or 150 amplifiers.

Q: Where can I register my AMPLIFi?
A: After logging into or creating a Line 6 user account HERE, you can go HERE and enter in your serial number that is found on the back panel of the amp, it begins with '(21)TMA', simply fill in the remaining digits.

Q: Where can I provide my feedback or make a suggestion about AMPLIFi?
A: We encourage you to visit our IdeaScale HERE and let us know about your ideas and suggestions.

Q: Is there a forum where I can discuss AMPLIFi with other AMPLIFi users?
A: We have a forum dedicated specifically to AMPLIFi available HERE.

Q: Where can I find information on the warranty that is included with the AMPLIFi?
A: You can find all of the available information on the AMPLIFi's warranty HERE.

Q: What do I if my AMPLIFi is in need of repair?
A: You can find all of the available information on how to arrange a repair HERE.

http://line6.com/support/forum/70-amplifi/

mbenigni

QuoteAmplifi 75 = $399
Amplifi 150 = $499

I don't see these amps surviving at those prices, if what you say about SPL is true.  If they start getting blown out of overstock in a year or two at, say, half that price, I'd grab one as a practice monitor.  It's a slick package - I dig the Bluetooth and stereo and that they support the Line 6 MkII footcontrollers.  But are you saying that the drivers are tuned for guitar rather than FR, or just that the fidelity and power in the upper and lower registers are a little disappointing.  If this is essentially a stereo guitar amp, then the Bluetooth connectivity is a lot less attractive.

Elantric

Another hands on review of Amplifi 150 confirming its non suitability as a live gig amp to to Low SPL Output level.

www.en.audiofanzine.com/modeling-combo-amplifier/line-6/amplifi-150/editorial/reviews/the-blue-toothed-combo.html

If you don't lean the amp towards yourself, the lows are very present, but you lose lots of mids and mid highs. So you have to play facing the amp. Don't fear for your ears, the amp's volume is not excessive. Its 150W rating doesn't correspond to the 150W of a tube amp. You couldn't mask the drums even if cranked all the way up. So you either use it at home or you don't use it at all.  However, the music on your iPod will go up one level with an increased volume that ought to be more than enough.

and
http://line6.com/support/topic/5534-tried-the-amplifi-75-and/
I tried the AMPLIFi 75 at a local Guitar Center over the weekend. Because it's Guitar center, they of course did NOT have any iOS device there setup to test it fully, and since I'm an Android guy I wasn't carrying one either. So I was stuck testing it with just the built in presets.

Given that limitation, the amp pretty much sucked as a guitar amp. The default presets are terrible, but this is not unusual for a Line 6 amp. I usually have to create my own presets for a decent sound but I could not do it without an iOS device. Also, I could not get any of the knobs on the amp to do anything. Drive, the Tone controls and the reverb / effects knobs did NOTHING to the sound that I could hear. What am I missing?

Also, I assume the "Blend" control was the "Volume" for the amp, but even at pretty much all the way up this thing was not loud AT ALL. I compared a  10 watt solid state "Acoustic" brand practice amp in the store and the 10 watt amp was louder. Also, my solid state 75 att Spider IV is like 10 TIMES louder than this amp. What gives? Could the default channel volume be set really low? I don't understand why this thing is only as loud as like a 5 watt solid state amp.

So no sale here unless I'm really missing something. Certainly a manual would help.

Big Jim

I think the Stagesource L2 is a much better deal.

lespauled

They have them at Guitar Center.  Although, they couldn't get the app to load to use it as an amp, they were able to play songs via bluetooth from an iPhone.  It sounded as good as my Bose dock.  It sounded very good, and was pretty loud, but it didn't seem 75 watts loud, where the earth would shake in a small room.  From the music standpoint, I don't see a reason to buy it, since it was no different from the Bose dock that I already own.

Elantric

I played a Amplifi 150 at Guitar Center Hollywood last weekend, just to be sure I had the Blend / Master Volume knob turned full up.

All my prior opinions on this amp remain the same (see posts above)

====================
Questions keep coming up about what's in the Amplifi app.  I thought I'd pull up a tone and see what I find.  (Anybody can do this. Just load the free Amplifi app on your iPhone/iPad, pull up a tone, go to "Editor" and start snooping around)  AE

77 Amps (9 Clean, 24 American, 18 British, 26 Hi Gain)
8 Wahs
15 Stomps
23 Mods
14 Delays
15  Filters, Synths, and Pitch
15 Reverbs

Clean Amps:
No Amp
Tube Instrument Preamp
Line 6 Piezacoustic 2
Line 6 Variax Acoustic
1987 Jazz Clean
Line 6 21st Century Clean
Line 6 Super Clean
Line 6 Sparkle Clean
Line 6 Super Sparkle

American Amps:
1958 Tweed B-Man
1953 Small Tweed
1960 Tiny Tweed
1964 Blackface 'Lux
1965 Double Verb
1963 Blackface Vibro
1967 Double Show
1972 Silverface Bass
1960 Gibson Expo
1967 Wishbook Silver 12
1960s Super O
1962 Super O Thunder
1960 Two-Tone
1985 Cali Crunch
1993 Match D-30
1996 Match Chief
2001 Zen Master
1996 Mini Double
Line 6 Class A
Line 6 Mood
Line 6 Bayou
Line 6 Twang
Line 6 Crunch
Line 6 Boutique #1

British Amps:
Brit Gain 18
1965 Plexi 45
1968 Plexi Lead 100
1968 Plexi Jump Lead
1968 Plexi Variac'd
1968 Brit Plexi Bass 100
1969 Brit Plexi Lead 200
1996 Brit JM Pre
1990 Brit J-800
1992 Brit Gain J-900 Clean
1992 Brit Gain J-900 Dist
2003 Brit Gain J-2000
Brit J-2000 #2
1960 Class A-15
1967 Class A-30 Top Boost
Class A-30 Fawn
Citrus D-30
1973 Hiway 100

High Gain Amps:
1987 Brit Gain Silver J
1993 Solo 100 Head
2001 Treadplate Dual
2001 Cali Diamond Plate
2002 Bomber Uber
2002 Bomber X-TC
2002 Angel P-Ball
2003 Connor 50
2003 Deity Crunch
2003 Deity Lead
2003 Deity's Son
2002 Mississippi Criminal
Line 6 Modern Hi Gain
Line 6 Spinal Puppet
Line 6 Chemical X
Line 6 Purge
Line 6 Insane
Line 6 Argo
Line 6 Lunatic
Line 6 Treadplate
Line 6 Big Bottom
Line 6 Chunk Chunk
Line 6 Fuzz
Line 6 Octone
Line 6 Smash
Line 6 Throttle

Gate:
Noise Gate

Vol:
Volume

Wah:
Line 6
Fassel
Weeper
Chrome
Chrome Custom
Throaty
Conductor
Colorful

Stomp (Drives and Dynamics):
Facial Fuzz
Fuzz Pi
Screamer
Classic Distortion
Octave Fuzz
Killer Z
Tube Drive
Boost + EQ
Bass Overdrive
Bronze Master
Red Comp
Blue Comp
Blue Comp Treb
Vetta Comp
Auto Swell

Mods:
Sine Chorus
Analog Chorus
Line 6 Flanger
Jet Flanger
Phaser
U-Vibe
Opto Tremolo
Bias Tremolo
Rotary Drum + Horn
Rotary Drum
Auto Pan
Analog Square Chorus
Stereo Square Chorus
Stereo Expo Chorus
Random Chorus
Stereo Square Flange
Expo Flange
Lumpy Phase
Hi Talk
Sweeper
POD Purple X
Random S & H
Warble-Matic

Delays:
Analog Delay
Analog Delay w/Modulation
Tube Echo
Multi-Head Delay
Sweep Echo
Digital Delay
Stereo Delay
Ping Pong Delay
Reverse Delay
Echo Platter
Tape Echo
Low Rez
Phaze Eko
Bubble Echo

Filters, Synths, and Pitch
Auto Wah
Dingo Tron
Clean Sweep
Seismik Synth
Double Bass
Buzz Wave
Rez Synth
Saturn 5 Ring Mod
Synth Analog
Synth FX
Synth Harmony
Synth Lead
Synth String
Bender
Tape Eater

Comp:
Compressor

EQ:
EQ

Reverb:
'Lux Spring
Standard Spring
King Spring
Small Room
Tiled Room
Brite Room
Dark Hall
Medium Hall
Large Hall
Rich Chamber
Chamber
Cavernous
Slap Plate
Vintage Plate
Large Plate

Howcome

I have the 75W version now for over a week, and connecting the normal GR output to the aux-in, and the guitar out to the amp input, creates a dreamrig on its own. I love the clean synth sound on the subwoofer-like speaker setup.

Elantric

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/the-line-6-amplifi-remote-app-isnt-working-on-my-iphone-or-ipod/
The latest version of the Line 6 AMPLIFi Remote app crashes on iPhone and iPod Touches. It works fine on the iPad.

Line 6 is aware of the issue and are working with Apple to have a fix ASAP. They have requested that you submit a support ticket including all relevant device and software version information at this link: http://line6.com/support/tickets/

Some users have had success restoring a backup of their iPhone or iPod touches which effectively restores the old version of the application. If possible, we suggest doing this until the issue has been resolved.

====
http://line6.com/support/forum-70/announcement-43-amplifi-remote-crash-bug-fixed/
Last week, iPhone and iPod customers were affected by a crash bug introduced in version 1.01 of AMPLIFi Remote. We sincerely apologize for any difficulties this may have caused you.

A fixed version, 1.01.1, is now live in the App Store through cooperation with Apple, who performed an expedited review for its release. Please delete the previous version from your device and install the new version, 1.01.1.

This crash bug was a surprise to us. Public release candidates undergo meticulous internal testing, not to mention that Apple also performs their own review of 3rd party apps before they are permitted to go live in the App Store. However, the nature of this issue was such that it was undetectable by Line 6 and Apple prior to its release in App Store.

At Line 6, product stability is non-negotiable, and you have our assurances that we will take every measure to guard against such occurrences in the future. Apple has been a supportive partner in our investigation to make good on these assurances. Again, apologies for the setback this may have caused you, and thanks again for your patience!

Line 6, Inc.

imerkat

The other guitarist in our worship band just got one and it sound pretty good mic'ed through the PA. much better than his earlier line 6 amp incarnation he was using. I guess you can use the Aux in; connected the headphone out of the GR using a 1/4 to 1/8 TRS cable?

Elantric

QuoteI guess you can use the Aux in; connected the headphone out of the GR using a 1/4 to 1/8 TRS cable?
Correct - thats the best method

Elantric

One day Line6 will get back into focus on creating tools that sound good

Currently they are too focused on Wife approval for the living room decor IMHO

http://line6.com/amplifi-tt-desktop-guitar-amp/

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-LIN-AMPLIFITT-LIST?src=WNWSLTTRE141126H&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Inhouse&utm_campaign=141126

AMPLIFi TT from Line 6 is a tabletop multi-effect that transforms any room into a jam space so you can play, practice and record guitar more easily than ever. Launch the AMPLIFi Remote app and start jamming to the music you love—in your home, office, dorm room or anywhere in between.

Play through over 200 award-winning amps and effects, instantly match the tones of your favorite guitarists, turn your stereo into a streaming speaker system, and more. With AMPLIFi TT, you'll be able to turn on the music and rock out anytime you have a free moment.

Line 6 AMPLIFi TT Amp/Effects Modeler Processor Features
Turn any Hi-Fi or powered speaker system into a guitar amp
Stream your music library over Bluetooth
Jam with the included AMPLIFi Remote app for iOS and Android
Remote app matches guitar tones to songs in your music library
Record with your computer using over 200 amps and effects
Tap into the Line 6 tones used on hundreds of hit records
70+ guitar amps, 100+ effects and 20+ speaker cabinets
Up to 8 simultaneous effects
Bluetooth streaming audio (works with Android, iOS, Mac, PC)
AMPLIFi Remote app for iOS and Android—share, rate and store tones
Access 4 tones from the front panel, plus tap tempo and tuner
Wirelessly control every detail of your guitar rig
100 onboard presets
1/4 inch Guitar input and 1/8 inch Stereo Aux input
1/4 inch, RCA and TOSLINK outputs
1/4 inch Headphone output
FBV and USB connections
USB recording
AMPLIFi Remote app for iOS and Android
Remotely control amp parameters to dial in your sound
Automatic tone matching instantly provides the perfect tones for jamming with songs in your music library
Access thousands of tones online
Share and rate tones in the cloud
Backup and store unlimited presets in the cloud
Share tones via Twitter and Facebook
Made for iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad AirTM, iPad miniTM with Retina, iPad (4th generation), iPad miniTM, iPod touch (5th generation), compatible Android devices running OS v4.2 or better
Enjoy guitar jam sessions on your home stereo
Connect the AMPLIFi TT guitar processor to your stereo or home theater and you'll instantly have a great-sounding guitar amp and Bluetooth streaming speaker system. Plug in and rock out during boring TV commercials. Jam to your favorite riffs between calls at work. Play along with songs in your music library. Or just crank the volume on your favorite album at the end of a long day. AMPLIFi TT gives you more ways than ever to enjoy the music you love.

Great tone. Wireless music. On iOS and Android
The AMPLIFi Remote app for iOS and Android puts unlimited tonal possibilities at your fingertips—and integrates wireless music into your digital world in new ways. Simply pick a song from your music library and automatically get matching guitar tone selections. Join a huge online community of guitarists, and access thousands of tones in the cloud. AMPLIFi Remote lets you control every aspect of your amp and effects directly from your iOS or Android device.

Play and Record with 200+ Amps and Effects
With AMPLIFi TT, it's never been easier or more fun to jam and record with amazing guitar tone. Featuring loads of DSP, the AMPLIFi TT guitar effects processor delivers amp modeling with incredible sound quality. Instantly dial up more than 200 incredible amps and effects. Choose from thousands of presets—including the Line 6 tones heard on hundreds of hit records. Plus, with super low-latency monitoring and easy standalone operation, AMPLIFi TT offers a much more satisfying and realistic guitar recording experience than ordinary tone plugs-ins and apps.

AMPLIFi Remote for iOS and Android
AMPLIFi Remote delivers an intuitive and deep tone editing experience that puts you in control of your sound. Adjust every aspect of your tone and effects directly from your iOS or Android device. Easily create and modify your own tones based on more than 200 legendary amps and effects. You can instantly recall your custom tones and access unlimited presets. The AMPLIFi experience gives you unprecedented control over your sound—nothing else comes close.

Revolutionary Tone-Matching Technology
Innovative Line 6 tone-matching technology takes the work out of dialing in the perfect tone, and enables you to match the tone of your favorite guitarist in an instant. Select any song in your music library, and AMPLIFi automatically provides matching tone selections via the cloud. Experience the world's most legendary guitar tones—at the ready.

Sometimes a tone can get even better when tweaked to match the specifics of a particular guitar and playing style. Using the AMPLIFi Remote editor, you can easily dial it in the tone to your liking and share the improved version to the cloud; when a new tone is shared, others in the community will see it in their tonematch results. If they like it they'll vote it up in the ranking, and you'll have made your contribution to the world of ROCK!

Tap into an online community of peers and artists
With a huge cloud community of guitarists uploading their best patches, AMPLIFi Remote provides a unique and powerful resource for finding tones. Within the cloud community, you can rate your favorite tones, upload your own—and even share tones via Facebook and Twitter.

At the same time, you can build your musical network by connecting with other musicians and fans. The AMPLIFi cloud automatically keeps all your devices up to date and synchronized. You can store an unlimited number of presets in the cloud—and access them anywhere.

Personalized results
As you rate and favorite guitar tones in the cloud, AMPLIFi starts to learn your tastes and delivers a unique set of tone match results based on how you've rated and favorite tones. But if you want something completely different, AMPLIFi has you covered.

For example, let's say you want to shred over a classical track, but the crystal-clean acoustic tone on the recording isn't what you're looking for. You can favorite a killer shred tone, and the app will automatically load it every time you play that classical track.