Godin Tripleplay

Started by Rorster, April 30, 2013, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oddguitar

I've found that neck preferences (thickness, width, fret size, radius, finished or unfinished, low or high action) all depends on what you are used to and what size hand you have.  I cut my teeth on an Ibanez 540R and have small hands, so thick necks are uncomfortable to me.  The same goes for small frets, high action, low vintage radius (anything less than 9.5).  I agree that there are tonal benefits to a thicker neck, but if a neck is too thick then it gets in the way of my playing.  I like to play both classical style (with my thumb on the back of the neck) as well as wrap my thumb over the top of the neck.  A thick neck cramps (literally) my style when using my thumb over the top of the neck.

-oddguitar

jerrycali

I just sold my 2012 ROLAND READY Strat back to GC ( after I fixed some of the bad wiring  - also a neck issue with the actual construction) and ordered a second xtsa - what a great guitar ! - great build quality - the neck is wonderful -and it triggers (tracks) great - the pickups I am getting used to -maybe I'll replace them but I want to live with them for awhile - and the acoustic pickup is superb for live performing - I'll bet you'll see the price go up very shortly - anyway even though I am a Strat player my godin xtsa  is now my onstage  guitar - do yourself a favor and check one out - the main reason I got rid of the RR Strat was I was constantly tweaking the gr-55 to try to improve the sound and now with the xtsa all the patches seem to come to life and are sonically more pleasing - JC

Elantric

QuoteI just sold my 2012 ROLAND READY Strat back to GC ( after I fixed some of the bad wiring  - also a neck issue with the actual construction) and ordered a second xtsa - what a great guitar ! - great build quality - the neck is wonderful -and it triggers (tracks) great - the pickups I am getting used to -maybe I'll replace them but I want to live with them for awhile - and the acoustic pickup is superb for live performing - I'll bet you'll see the price go up very shortly - anyway even though I am a Strat player my godin xtsa  is now my onstage  guitar - do yourself a favor and check one out - the main reason I got rid of the RR Strat was I was constantly tweaking the gr-55 to try to improve the sound and now with the xtsa all the patchers seem to come to life and are sonically more pleasing - JC

After setting my GR-55 to RMC Piezo , my xTSA was still exhibiting severe mis tracking on Guitar to PCM , but only after following Jim Williams GR-55 Piezo GK Settings was the GR-55 playable.

Read them here
GR-55 Important User Document Downloads
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;cat=18

Rorster

Yes I dig that concept i.e. I have seen how the feel of different necks changes your relationship to the instrument in such a way that you find yourself churning out different licks and styles that seem to want to be heard and played. Is it you channeling your energy into the guitar, or is it the other way around?  When putting down a grand on a new guitar with an internal FTP though it would be nice to have the option of thicker vs a neck that might feel too thin. I don't think we're being too picky.

jayson

Got the following reply from Godin:

The Session Triple Play does not feature the HDR system.

You can order a Session Triple Play through any authorized Godin dealer. You'll find a dealer list at : http://www.godinguitars.com/dealerscan.htm

Not much info but I guess it will be called the Session Triple Play.  I haven't talked to my dealer yet as I was hoping it did have the HDR system and might just go for the TriplePlay by itself.

Cheers,

jayson

jayson

thebrushwithin

That is a very nice demo!!! Godin makes really great guitars, and I think Fishman was very wise utilizing Godin. I am going to wait, as I feel pretty sure Godin will offer it on more than one guitar. My OMLY complaint is that they don't have a custom shop, where one could take the best of all of their designs, and put together exactly what you want.

Zummooz

Quote from: thebrushwithin on May 18, 2013, 11:25:02 PM
and I think Fishman was very wise utilizing Godin.
Also will be FTP internals in a fender and others.

Quote from here ... http://www.fishman.com/tripleplay/faqs#tip_28
Will Fishman offer a TriplePlay kit for owners to install directly inside their guitars?

Currently, there are no plans for such a product.
There are simply too many types of guitars for us to come up with a permanent internal installation that would fit across such a wide spectrum of instruments.
We are developing internal TriplePlay systems that will be instituted by several partners (Fender, Godin, etc.) on a factory model with built-in TriplePlay, but this is the only option on the horizon.
However, we did have a customer email us a picture of a guitar that they built around the retail TriplePlay unit which was quite amazing.
So, a clever person with some technical aptitude could certainly try and make our external product into an internal one.
The  Fact  Is......"We  are  all  tactile  creatures  &  physical  interaction  has  always  been  a  big  part  of  making  music"

whippinpost91850

I vote for an internal install kit to be made available 8)

merman93

Now available for pre Pre-order for $995. Available in black and light burst.

I really,REALLY, like that the production model has a different hex pickup than pre-production version. It is symmetrical, like the original Roland G -505 guitars, and not longer on the cord side.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SessionCTPM/

Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

Orren Merton

Quote from: merman93 on June 11, 2013, 01:41:15 PM

Let me know when the lefty is available...

(BTW, Godin is generally extremely bad about left handed models)

Orren

whippinpost91850

Quote from: Orren Merton on June 11, 2013, 02:08:46 PM
Let me know when the lefty is available...

(BTW, Godin is generally extremely bad about left handed models)

Orren
Orren , you are so right. You would think, in this day and age, after over 70 years of electric guitar more choice would be available. >:(

jayson

Wow!  So now it does have the HDR after Godin told me it didn't.  You think Sweetwater might have the specs wrong?

Cheers,

jayson

jayson

Got quick confirmation from Godin that the Sweetwater listing has incorrect info re: The HDR system and will be contacted to correct it.

Cheers,

jayson

merman93

Although Sweetwater is on the top of my list of retailers, they often get their listings incorrect, and take a l o n g time to correct. Their listing for the Triple Play stated that guitar audio was transmitted wirelessly, ( only midi data is wireless), and even after Fishman contacted them to correct, it was months before it was changed.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

norwegianwood

Well people, as a first post on this forum, I´ll inform you that I´ve preordered the Godin Session C Triple Play from Island Music Company. I will recieve it sometime in July(hopefully) and make a good and thourough videodemo(without talking) then.
I´ve played the session-necks and they are very similar(thin, 12" radius) to my GK-modded (telemods.co.uk) Yamaha HH Tele so I´m not to worried about the neck :)
Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art.
Charlie Parker

merman93

As of today at least, Sweetwater has completely removed all references to, listings for, and preorders for the Godin Session Custom Triple Play. Weird. My sales consultant was just as surprised, as my preorder is no longer in the system, at all.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

norwegianwood

Quote from: merman93 on June 28, 2013, 03:00:24 AM
As of today at least, Sweetwater has completely removed all references to, listings for, and preorders for the Godin Session Custom Triple Play. Weird. My sales consultant was just as surprised, as my preorder is no longer in the system, at all.
wierd, lets hope it´s just a mistake and that they restart your order :) Island Music informed me mine should ship sometime in the first half of August. Crossing my finger for a delay-free delivery!!
Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art.
Charlie Parker

merman93

I found an email in my junk folder, I had overlooked. I received notification that due to unforseen manufacturing delays, my pre-order had been cancelled, and the item removed from their catalog.

However, my sales consultant gave some interesting insight, "off the record". Their sales order from Godin did state that the item contained the HDR circuitry, which it doesnt, which provided them an "out" on the sale which was significant, as it is featured in the Summer 2013 catalog.

The actual reason they wanted to cancel was different. Apparently the Maple fretboard is not available to them. It's an exclusive to another retailer for first shipments, or maybe all of 2013. All else is pure speculation, but I know how boys with big wallets play, and politics come in to play etc. etc.

I had pre-ordered the rosewood, but I would prefer the maple myself, so I guess time will tell.

Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

abhijitnath

Quote from: merman93 on June 11, 2013, 01:41:15 PM

I really,REALLY, like that the production model has a different hex pickup than pre-production version. It is symmetrical, like the original Roland G -505 guitars, and not longer on the cord side.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SessionCTPM/

I noticed that too. Any chance Godin will sell customers the housing separately, since they're not selling the internal kit on it's own?

merman93

Quote from: abhijitnath on July 05, 2013, 10:25:28 AM
I noticed that too. Any chance Godin will sell customers the housing separately, since they're not selling the internal kit on it's own?
I assume, Godin designed the conversion, as there isn't a universal internal kit "yet", but I doubt they would sell it separately. They also appear to have a considerable investment into the Triple Play system as a whole.

Indications are that eventually Fishman will be selling something similar but, they have stated not to "end users". There are plans for a Fender triple Play and triple play equipped guitars from other manufacturers. Fishman has confirmed that the internal circuitry will also be available to authorised installers, but it won't be available for a while.

Keep in mind, we are way early in the evolution of the Triple Play, and It may be a while before new products surface. Triple Play hasn't even been released in all markets yet.

This isnt unusual. Line 6 has only allowed one other manufacturer to install Variax circuitry, Parker in a very, VERY limited basis, and has no plans to ever offer customer installed circuitry, regardless of customer interest. In the early days of the Floyd Rose Tremolo, it was only sold as installed on Kramer guitars, and then even when it was eventually sold separately,Kramer expected a piece of the pie for each unit.

I for one am very anxious for an internal option.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

Elantric

jayson

Sweetwater is still advertising that the Godin Tripleplay has HDR!  I thought they took down the original incorrect ad and would have corrected it by now.

Cheers,

jayson

Synth Nicolas

Quote from: norwegianwood on June 27, 2013, 12:57:34 AM
Well people, as a first post on this forum, I´ll inform you that I´ve preordered the Godin Session C Triple Play from Island Music Company. I will recieve it sometime in July(hopefully) and make a good and thourough videodemo(without talking) then.
I´ve played the session-necks and they are very similar(thin, 12" radius) to my GK-modded (telemods.co.uk) Yamaha HH Tele so I´m not to worried about the neck :)

Any here already tried this Godin Tripleplay guitar? I might be interested in one....
so any review is welcome.
gitaarles en basgitaarles in Weert
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

Elantric

As far as i know - these Still are NOT Available just yet

QuoteHot New Item!
We have already placed orders for this new item, and ensured that they are prioritized to take advantage of the manufacturer's earliest shipments. Place your pre-order now to reserve yours, and your order will ship in the order it was received.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SessionCTPM?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CKj0rMGkybgCFS3hQgodBxsA9g

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00CSJIRJ2/