GR-55 - Money for Nothing

Started by paulmisaac, March 14, 2012, 05:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulmisaac

Ok it's not perfect, but on my setup (through a PC and into a stereo) it sounds fairly close.  I achieved it by emulating a HH Strat with the tone turned right down, MS1959 I+II, some wah, and knocking the bass down a little.

As I've said, it's not perfect but it's close - maybe someone can improve upon it?

papabuss

Hi paulmisaac,
thx for posting this patch...gonna test it as soon as possible..
BTW THX for posting this interesting Guitar-Link
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

paulmisaac

You're very welcome.  If you explore that site there are LOADS of backing tracks.  Another good one is www.songsterr.com - it displays the tab on the screen but it's music is all MIDI (much  like Guitar Pro) so the sounds are not very realistic, but good for practice if nothing else

papabuss

Hi paulmisaac
have just downloaded your patch..sounds really great!...played it simultaniously to your weblink...and thought for a moment I was Mark Knopfler... ;)
THX again for the good patch!
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

guitarno

Hi paulmisaac,

I haven't had a chance to try the patch yet, but thanks for posting it. The backing track site that you posted the link for also looks pretty interesting. I wasn't aware of that one.

Thanx!
guitarno
8)
Suhr Classic Pro SSS, PRS Hollowbody II Piezo, Breedlove Oregon Concerto E, Fractal FM3, Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special

paults

If you plan on playing along with MIDI files, something like a used Roland JV-1010 (around $150) has General MIDI mode, and will sound much better than you sound card.  Some VST instrument programs have General MIDI mode, too.

Filialen

This is really good! Thank you!  ;D

paulmisaac

You're all very welcome!

re MIDI - I personally use a Creative SB LIVE! 24 bit - old but it can use sound fonts (SF2) so it sounds reasonable.  Ideal for practice, p*** poor for performance tho lol

Redhawk

Thanks for the patch.  This will be a fun one to play around on.
A guitar for every occasion.

Godin LGXT and GR-55
Seagull Peppino
La Patrie Collection

rjashcraft

Not sure what the story is on this patch.. the name copies on to my GR-55 but the tone is just the standard empty patch tone.  Please advise?

admin

Use Gumtowns GR-55 Floorboard Editor