VG-99 - Nylon Escapism super patch - featuring Autana Real Nylon

Started by Smash, April 25, 2016, 11:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

This is a combination of Autana's Latin Nylon and the freeze chord part of my Escapism part although using a synth sound instead.

Ambient Heaven!

FC300 Exp1 operations is per Escapism - hit a chord, slowly depress EXP1 it will freeze the chord early (watch re dled) then nylon fade in at full depression.

Here's what it sounds like:

https://soundcloud.com/smashmashups/nylon-escapism-vg99-super-patch

Smash

I had a request to reinstate a missing feature from the original Escapism patch - the feedbacker function.

I've tweaked it for the acoustic sound - the vibrato and depth on the feedback have a constant variation more akin to vibrato you'd play on an acoustic.

CTL1 turns feedbacker on to hold note - CTL2 turns it off with gentle fade

ainsoph

Quote from: Smash on April 25, 2016, 11:47:05 AM
This is a combination of Autana's Latin Nylon and the freeze chord part of my Escapism part although using a synth sound instead.

Ambient Heaven!

Love the music :)

FreeTime

This patch is just great, especially with the addition, it adds some 'beautiful garbage' when pressing just CTL2. Awesome for 'Shine on you crazy Diamond'.

aliensporebomb

I'm totally using this for some recordings and definitely my next live performance!  Brill!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Smash

Top man - look forward to hearing some stuff bro :)

@FreeTime - gonna have to try the CTL2 trick lol!

papabuss

This patch is now in my VG 99 TOP 10 list! :)

(+1)  ;)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

chrish

Bermanator

Smash

Quick heads up upon revisiting this patch I noticed it sounded very wrong!

Discovered the reason: when I programmed the patch and recorded the piece I had the GK selector set to Guitar NOT Mix or GK.

I have no mag pups plugged in so have no idea why this is happening but to get the sound you're hearing on the demo set GK3 to Guitar, and not mix or GK.

sorry!

chrish

I'm trying to figure out why there is to volume when i load your patches? I don't have a fc-300 so i transfered the fc exp settings over to the vg exp jack, but still no sound. Still trying to get used to this very deep machine.

chrish

Ok, trying to figure out the patch volume thing above has lead to a good tour of the control assigns. It turns out that ctl assign# 10 was a level control set to the fc-300 exp. After changing that to exp on the vg and changing the other controls assigned from the fc-300 to the ctl 1 and 2  and exp, the patch is working fine. Thanks for the patch. 

Elantric

Owning a VG-99 without the FC-300 foot controller is like owning a box a Wheaties Cereal without a bowl of milk.

chrish

Quote from: Elantric on July 27, 2016, 04:59:22 PM
Owning a VG-99 without the FC-300 foot controller is like owning a box a Wheaties Cereal without a bowl of milk.
Yea, watching that video of smash using the fc-300 while playing the 'blade runner blues' was fantastic. The best part was when the old white dog circled around the fc-300, tail a wagging. Dogs, gotta love 'em. Maybe i'll find a used fc-300 one day. Btw, i can see why you'll are waiting for the next roland flagship, in the mean time the vg99 shines on.

Brak(E)man

I never used one
All the hands on
tweaking of the knobs
and the beam and ribbon
combined with an expression ped
for volume and wha are more then
enough control.
The 300 makes into a in movable furniture
the 99 by itself is a carry on item
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

alexmcginness

Quote from: Brak(E)man on July 28, 2016, 01:06:06 AM
I never used one All the hands on tweaking of the knobs and the beam and ribbon combined with an expression ped for volume and wha are more than enough control.
The 300 makes into a in movable furniture the 99 by itself is a carry on item

Spot on! I use the 99 live and fly to all my gigs. I cant bring my 300 pedal as its waaaay to big and heavy to fit in the carry on or even in my luggage. I still need a foot pedal so i use an FC-50. It fits in the carry on perfectly, will take an additional 2 ev-5s if needed and has a control 1 and 2 jack.

I keep the FC-300 wired up to a spare VG-99 in my studio,
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

chrish

Another option to using the fc-300 would be just to use gear i already own. I have 4 expression expression pedal sources and many ctl switch options. I own a rc-300 and that has assignable options for sending cc# messages along with it's midi clock to the vg99. Of course the advantage of having an fc-300 is that for many patches here and on the factory pre-sets, the assign work has already been done. There's alot of those units on the used market right now, but still expensive.

Smash

Just revisited this patch and god knows what happened to it when I saved it for upload!

The first time you use Exp 1 it ups the amp gain from 45 to 111 - but it only does it on first use. There's a rogue assign somewhere - I'll fix it and repost. Wondered what all that hiss was!

Sorry everybody.

rolandvg99

To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Smash

Cheers Bro

OK - here's the fixed patches - the problem was a rogue control on the GK volume assigned to amp gain.

Enjoy properly now!

Martchi

Antonuzzo

Nonsense. I haven't found a patch yet that I haven't been able to tweak to work with just an expression pedal and a footswitch. I'd like an FC300 but they're big, heavy, and expensive.