Helix - Multiple "voices" or signal paths

Started by guitarnstuff, April 17, 2016, 03:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarnstuff

Hello:
I was able to play through a Helix briefly and now I have Gear Acquisition Syndrome. I've seen videos of organ patches, for example from Glenn Delaune. However, does anyone know if you can have three things (signal paths) at once?
1) Organ patch
2) Acoustic Guitar from the Variax JTV
3) Electric guitar sounds with distortion.
From reading about the design this seems possible and it seems that I could control volumes or other paramaters with the extra expression pedals (bought separately).

If possible, has anyone tried it? Do you run out of DSP horsepower?

amorph

Yes, you can have up to four independent, parallel stereo paths. Any input or FX return can be the the input for a path. I currently have mine configured this way:

Path 1: JTV-69 Magnetic pickups (via VDI cable) -> EHX LesterG rotary pedal (via FX send/return 1&2)
Path 2: JTV-69 Variax models (via VDI cable)
Path 3: EHX Key9 pedal set to Suitcase Rhodes (via FX send 3, return to aux input)
Path 4: GR-55 guitar synth (vix FX return 3&4) (note I have FX send 4 feeding an EXH B9 pedal HACKED input into the guitar INPUT of the GR-55)

(I also have the Helix AMP control out patched into a HACKED input for remote toggling of the GR-55's CTL pedal.)

Thus I have four different signal paths going at once, each with their own Helix FX.

The Helix is VERY powerful.
Music director at local church and gigging musician:
Variax JTV-69s, FTP pickups, Line6 Helix, EHX LesterG, MIDI Expression I/O, MacBook Pro w/ GigPerformer VST host, Aspen Pittman Spacestation V.3
http://www.ashleymoore.net
http://www.ashleymoore.com

JiveTurkey

I run my GR33 into the Aux input and magnetic pickups through the guitar in. I use onboard expression pedal to fade synth in and guitar tone out. Works great. You should be able to route some stuff through the FX returns as well. My biggest "issue" is trying to put everything into one preset and be able to have enough processing to do it all. Plenty of available DSP but I tend to, um; overcomplicate things  :P ;D