Conventional Effects Boards

Started by Player99, February 19, 2012, 10:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Player99

I have a stomp box board I want to use on my magnetic pickups plus if possible the 55 guitars but not on the synths. Is this possible? Can I have the option of routing the vg55 guitar through the stomp board or out with the synths?

gumtown

Quote from: Player99 on February 19, 2012, 10:34:14 AM
I have a stomp box board I want to use on my magnetic pickups plus if possible the 55 guitars but not on the synths. Is this possible? Can I have the option of routing the vg55 guitar through the stomp board or out with the synths?
yes, the normal pickup and/or the modeled guitars can be output as a raw signal via the "guitar out".
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Spider

Because for me normal pick sent via GK cable and GR55 sounds not so good I use GK13 cable and normal guitar cable. Finally I use A/B switch for choosing guitar (i.e. modelled from GR and regular PU) which goes in to pedal board and tube amp. For me it give me better sound but has one drawback: it's impossible use 2 guitar sounds via pedals / tube amps. But it's no problem because using line mixer I have one guitar patch via GR55 and second via regular amp.

Player99

Quote from: Spider on February 21, 2012, 02:03:44 AM
Because for me normal pick sent via GK cable and GR55 sounds not so good I use GK13 cable and normal guitar cable. Finally I use A/B switch for choosing guitar (i.e. modelled from GR and regular PU) which goes in to pedal board and tube amp. For me it give me better sound but has one drawback: it's impossible use 2 guitar sounds via pedals / tube amps. But it's no problem because using line mixer I have one guitar patch via GR55 and second via regular amp.

So does that mean you do get both through your pedalboard but use a mixer? What mixer and where?

What about an A B A+B switch?

Spider

Quote from: Player99 on February 21, 2012, 10:33:54 AM
So does that mean you do get both through your pedalboard but use a mixer? What mixer and where?

What about an A B A+B switch?

I use A/B switch for normal guitar/COSM guitar before sompboxes. I use line mixer for tube amp (Guitar/COSM), GR 55 (PCM/COSM), MU100R (MIDI), comp VSTi via Komplete Audio 6.