PCM sounds

Started by whippinpost91850, February 12, 2012, 06:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whippinpost91850

While looking for a sound for part of a cover for (Moves Like Jagger) I was stepping through the PCM synth sounds and discovered alot of the m produced no sound at all and some produced less then a little click ??? Has anyone else run into this? Or is this a problem with my GR ???:o

gumtown

Ummm No, been through the whole lot and only a couple of tones are very quiet.

I suggest backing up your GR-55 either to USB thumb drive or with the Librarian,
and try a factory reset, and load the patches back in.
Got to be worth a go  ???
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

whippinpost91850

Thanks I'll give that a go. I've had it for along time, but never tried stepping through all those tones.

Ashman

Sorry I don't know about the reasons for the low volume issue but FWIW I use Strange Whistle (Lead 5-1) for the lead part of Moves like Jagger.

Hope this helps?

whippinpost91850

Thanks! Yeah I'm using that as well for the intro/lead fill. I was looking for something for the synthy organ part in the rest of the song. It's kind of buried so probably could use allmost anything.

mat-chow

Ha! I use that whistle sound for this song too! I wound up using one of the trance organ presets for the rest of the song, can't recall which one offhand.

Player99

Wow after watching a small portion of that video on YouTube I am very happy I DON"T have those moves. If I did I would not prance around and brag about it.

whippinpost91850

IF YOU REMEMBER WHICH ONE/ i'LD LIKE TO KNOW. THANKS pAUL