Anyone connecting GP-10 to FCB1010 via Raspberry Pi

Started by JoBoss, October 11, 2017, 08:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoBoss

Anyone using the GP-10 connected to the FCB1010 via Raspberry Pi ..?

admin

JoBoss

Thanks admsustainiac for the reply....I had earlier; however, gone through the relevant posts regarding the same before posing my question...

Does any one know if there is a preloaded Raspberry Pi available off the shelf that I can connect the GP-10 and FCB straightaway without much ado..just like the MIDX-10 or 20....?  In short a plug and play Raspberry Pi for the GP-10..if so where....?

sixeight

I can build you one of these:

It has serial midi connections on the other side, so you can connect it straight to the FCB1010.

I will send you a pm with more information...

JoBoss

Redvers

Using the aconnect command it's very easy to connect the two, you just need to make it launch on startup. A preloaded image is great but I'm guessing if you plugged into the wrong USB port the port numbers would get mixed up.

sixeight

Quote from: Redvers on October 12, 2017, 02:53:03 AM
Using the aconnect command it's very easy to connect the two, you just need to make it launch on startup. A preloaded image is great but I'm guessing if you plugged into the wrong USB port the port numbers would get mixed up.

You can also do aconnect by name. That way it will always connect correctly.

And I found the aconnect numbers are not related to a port, but related to the order in which you connect USB devices. Here is how I set things up for the VController RPI bridge (called VCbridge)

https://github.com/sixeight7/VCbridge/blob/master/RPi%20full%20install%20VCbridge.txt

sixeight

Quote from: JoBoss on October 12, 2017, 02:07:56 AM
Thanks sixeight...looking forward to your PM

PM sent...