Latency on a few notes when using strings patch. Help!, Playing Sunday : )

Started by KennyGAKAFizzleD, September 22, 2017, 08:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyGAKAFizzleD

All was good with my new GR55.  I was setting up my first patch list for my Sunday gig.  Suddenly I noticed that my high E string on the 12th 13th 14th 15th and 16th fret has a latency issue only when playing Strings or any string like instrument.  I fret on 14 (High E(Little string)) , pluck the string with my pick and there should be a slow swell of strings. There is like a 2 second delay then a jump in to the strings with no swell. Its odd because I switch to other instruments like a Nylon Guitar (Not normal pickups) and it works fine.  I hear every nuance of my light to heavy picking. I get the delay even with a fresh Initialized patch, but not with all instruments, like the Nylon guitar for example.

Another odd thing about this is that when I hit the string with my thumb, it does not have a problem.  I get the slow swell of string.  Only when using a pick.  I've gone back  through the setup of the GK-3 on my Les Paul.  I cant find any settings that make a difference.   I've also tried height adjustment to the pickup.  Nothing changes. 

Any help would be appreciated.   

****Update****
I connect the same guitar, same GK3 and same cable to my old GR-20.  The slow strings play perfect.  Every note, every string and every fret. 
What could possibly be wrong in the GR55?  Ive checked setup many times. 

FreeTime

Just a stab in the dark but check your TVA times in the synth section (pg. 27 in the manual)

sixeight

Usual suspects:
- assigns look for anything controlling volume or level and switch it off. Check both in the patch and assign overrides.
- position of the GK pot and the expression pedal. Could be dirt.

shawnb

If it is only a few frets of that string, my first thought is slight fret buzz.  That interferes with pitch detection.

My second thought is that some pcm tones are quirky.  Experiment with other strings voices.

Hope this helps.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

szilard

Quote from: shawnb on September 23, 2017, 05:54:57 AM
If it is only a few frets of that string, my first thought is slight fret buzz.  That interferes with pitch detection.
My thought as well, especially since it occurs if picking, but not with thumb ...