Recommend a time/modulation/glitch/postrock pedal w/ great MIDI control?

Started by mooncaine, September 10, 2017, 09:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooncaine

I think I want something like a time/modulation/glitch/postrock pedal, ideally w/ great MIDI control capability, since I'm already playing a guitar with one or more MIDI controllers on it (Virtual Jeff, occasionally Guitar Wing).

I like the way glitch music would take a sample of the audio and instantly time-divide it in musical ways, like rapid fire repeats that can switch from on-the-16ths to triplet quarter notes, if that makes sense.  I can do these things in Ableton Live, but I don't *want* to.

Anyway, I use a VG-99, a guitar with Virtual Jeff on it, and sometimes another guitar that can have a Guitar Wing slapped onto it anytime. I usually have a big pedal controller (FC300) right now but honestly wish I could economically trim that down to 2 exp. pedals and 2 of those dual footswitches I've seen from Roland recently. Would rather spend the money on a time toy right now, though. ;p

Your recommendations welcome. Only one that comes to mind for me is Strymon. I thought I'd enhance my search by asking your opinions. I hear some really great time-based textural effects from a lot of you folks, and love that stuff.