Two guitars into one GR-55

Started by jreff, July 15, 2017, 06:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jreff

I am wondering if anyone has tried using a Roland US-20 as a switch for two guitars into one GR-55? I have two Roland Ready guitars (one Strat and one Godin LGXT). I want to be able to pick up one guitar and play it into the synth then switch quickly to a different guitar without unplugging and replugging. I think the US-20 would work but am not sure

kenact

Sorry, but as far as I know, the US-20 can't be used to connect 2 guitars to a single synth.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

admin

US 20 will not work it's one direction only One guitar  to feed two GK processors
instead look for solutions from Wayne Joness  or PrimovaSound

find them here on this link here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10322.0

GuitarBuilder

I use a Primova GKPX-14F (with subsonic filter built in) with outstanding results.  Highly recommended!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

CodeSmart

Quote from: GuitarBuilder on July 17, 2017, 08:47:03 AM
I use a Primova GKPX-14F (with subsonic filter built in) with outstanding results.  Highly recommended!

The GKPX-14 does not allow fore than one guitar. What he need is a hex switcher. I've been working on one but the MIDX units and other stuff came instead and time is limited.

A good hex switcher should silently switch all hex, regular guitar and control signals and also send out SysEx MIDI commands to also switch GK Set in the synth unit(s), i.e. have Roland compatible USB and also 5-pin MIDI connectors or at least have means to programmatically normalize the GK string volumes between the guitars so a common GK setting may be used.

Besides analog and digital circuitry/microcontroller it also should have its own voltage converters to provide noiseless +/-7V to the guitars.

Above hex switcher is not done in a coffee break...

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Beirne

And dont forget....there are pickup settings/string sensitivity etc that are saved in the gr55 that can be named and stored for each individual guitar and or bass. Its very difficult to get every gk2 pickup to react exactly the same on different guitars. Especially between guitars and basses. So my experience is having to also switch menu settings in addition to changing what guitar is hanging around my neck...
www.intangiblesny.com
www.facebook.com/intangiblesband

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: CodeSmart on July 17, 2017, 02:10:50 PM
The GKPX-14 does not allow fore than one guitar. What he need is a hex switcher. I've been working on one but the MIDX units and other stuff came instead and time is limited.

A good hex switcher should silently switch all hex, regular guitar and control signals and also send out SysEx MIDI commands to also switch GK Set in the synth unit(s), i.e. have Roland compatible USB and also 5-pin MIDI connectors or at least have means to programmatically normalize the GK string volumes between the guitars so a common GK setting may be used.

Besides analog and digital circuitry/microcontroller it also should have its own voltage converters to provide noiseless +/-7V to the guitars.

Above hex switcher is not done in a coffee break...

There I go thinking backwards again!   ::) ::)
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

davang55

I think they want you to buy a 2nd GR-55 and submix them. That way you don't have to unplug!  I need one also.