GP-10- Question regarding patch level

Started by yngwie_m, June 11, 2017, 08:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yngwie_m

Hello everyone. To the point: I purchased a GP 10 to leave my GR55 back. The way I work the patch level is to have my pedal assigned to Patch level at 90 for example on the heel position and then on 120 for example on the toe position. This way I raise my volume for when I have a solo part with any sound (that's how it always worked for me in the ensemble I play).

I am now creating some sounds on the GP-10 ( I use my Normal Pickups for electric sounds and use the pickup only for acoustics and nylons, again that's how it works for me). If I set the Exp Pedal to Patch Level and go to Assigns and put for example Min:90, Max:120 and Momentary, after I write my settings, the pedal at heel position gives no sound output while it shows Patch Level at 90. When moved to the toe position it indeed maxes at 120 and sound slowly appears up to the max level of 120. If I revert it back to heel, sound cuts off completely at heel, again the BTS shows Patch Level:90. Switching between presets doesn't solve this.

What setting am I missing here?

Thank you all in advance.
I am a bomb tech.If you see me run,try and keep up

Cups

Do you have the Expression pedal 1 off set to "patch level"? If you do set it to off. The assign will be enough. What might be happening is your CTR settings are overriding your assign.
I hope that makes sense. I have a hard time explaining GP-10

beatpete

Or the stock assign could be set to foot volume, as the the lat poster replied, make sure it's "off" and just use an assign.

yngwie_m

So, I have to set the global setting to "OFF" and instead use ONLY an assign for that, and that assign should be set to patch level only if I am understanding correctly.
I am a bomb tech.If you see me run,try and keep up

Cups

That sounds about right. I find this box is easier to do than explain.