Katana - No sound with android editor

Started by Wehrwulfe, June 05, 2017, 06:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wehrwulfe

Hello Wehrwulfe here.and im waaay noob for this software stuff. and I'm at  the end of my rope. I have the android editor attached via USB and I can see the sliders moving as I move the knobs.  However no sound through the headphone or speaker out.(Katana 100 head Laney 2/12 cab)I'm running the editor on an insignia android tab (new with current opsys)  .this 1/2 my live rig.(jcm 2000 100 watt DSL/jcm900 4/12/golden cello in the vintage clean channel) I cannot seem to install  newest katana firmware so that may be the problem ..FOR THOSE WHO MAY BE WONDERING THE KATANA HEAD CAN EASILY HANG WITH THE MARSHALL.my intention is install the Guv. And univbe.  and the ms1959 /in one of the tone settings ,any suggestions would be welcome...fire away..

Elantric

Start here

Katana - How to install the Firmware update, USB driver and Boss Tone Studio
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19688.0

Wehrwulfe

Success! Elantric thanks for you fast reply...I was able to install the drivers and BTA on my PC and have all functions working..haven't had a chance to use the android version yet but I was able to update the Katana head...so with the update installed the android should work???

admin

Quote from: Wehrwulfe on June 07, 2017, 04:57:04 PM
.so with the update installed the android should work???

Only if your device supports Android 6.01 or newer that includes ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) and has a known working USB OTG (USB Host Port) adapter

which year, make, model android device?

Wehrwulfe

admin

Quote from: Wehrwulfe on June 14, 2017, 05:26:08 PM
Got it working thank you

Curious what is your Make / Model Android device?

Wehrwulfe