Transplanting ATG from AT200 to guitar with Graphtech Floyd Rose piezo

Started by Verchrona, May 30, 2017, 04:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verchrona

Hello,

I am trying to put the ATG board from my AT200 into another guitar that has Graphtech piezo saddles. I was wonder how the chain would go.

Does the signal from the saddles go directly to the ATG board. If so, does the ATG have "Piezo Out" so that signal can go to the Acoustiphonic preamp and so on until the output jack?

There are 3 unlabeled connectors on the board I couldnt find a description for in the manual. Those are P2, P3, and P5. One is a 3 conductor, the other 2 are 13 conductor. Are any of these "Piezo Out"?

https://www.google.com/search?q=antares+guitar+kit&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKuYKUwpfUAhUBYyYKHXjWAigQ_AUICigC&biw=360&bih=560&dpr=3#imgrc=n3mJ3FF9N2txsM:

Thanks

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: Esppse on May 30, 2017, 04:37:28 AM
Does the signal from the saddles go directly to the ATG board. If so, does the ATG have "Piezo Out" so that signal can go to the Acoustiphonic preamp and so on until the output jack?

Yes, the piezo signals go straight to the board

You need to preserve the volume and tone knob wiring; move all of it to the new guitar.

Quote from: Esppse on May 30, 2017, 04:37:28 AMThere are 3 unlabeled connectors on the board I couldnt find a description for in the manual. Those are P2, P3, and P5. One is a 3 conductor, the other 2 are 13 conductor. Are any of these "Piezo Out"?

P2, P3, and P5 are not used in this installation.

Do you want 6-string piezo out?  If so, you'll need to add your own piezo preamp from either Graph Tech or RMC.  The pickups need to be routed into the preamp first, then to ATG.  Use a 13-pin output from the preamp for 6-string piezo.

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

cags12

Out of curiosity, why not use the acoustic models on the ATG? You have 3 models and the sound great.

If you do not have any of the Software packs, that is no issue, the Acoustic models are available as a permanent demo application so you can have them in your AT-200 DSP3 board regardless.

Verchrona

Quote from: GuitarBuilder on May 30, 2017, 11:01:07 AM
Yes, the piezo signals go straight to the board

You need to preserve the volume and tone knob wiring; move all of it to the new guitar.

P2, P3, and P5 are not used in this installation.

Do you want 6-string piezo out?  If so, you'll need to add your own piezo preamp from either Graph Tech or RMC.  The pickups need to be routed into the preamp first, then to ATG.  Use a 13-pin output from the preamp for 6-string piezo.

Ah so I need to go to my Acoustiphonic first. But it has no 13 pin out. Do I require the hexpander kit as well?

Verchrona

Quote from: cags12 on May 30, 2017, 12:19:02 PM
Out of curiosity, why not use the acoustic models on the ATG? You have 3 models and the sound great.

If you do not have any of the Software packs, that is no issue, the Acoustic models are available as a permanent demo application so you can have them in your AT-200 DSP3 board regardless.

I would like to have the graphtech doing the acoustic sounds since it is analog and more natural

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: Esppse on May 30, 2017, 04:00:59 PM
Ah so I need to go to my Acoustiphonic first. But it has no 13 pin out. Do I require the hexpander kit as well?

Yes, you would need the Hexpander or RMC Poly Drive I
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Verchrona

Quote from: GuitarBuilder on May 30, 2017, 04:19:12 PM
Yes, you would need the Hexpander or RMC Poly Drive I

OK thanks I'll pick one up and try to figure it out into my guitar!